Ke 55 auto to manual conversion help

Hi all, 

I am after making a rookie error and am in need of some advice and solutions that won't break my budget . So the problem is I bought a Ke 55 with an auto in it and it also came with a manual gearbox which I have installed and the realised that the crossmember and gear stick aren't even close to aligning . ( probably should have read a few of the treads on here properly before I started ) . Looking for a way to make this work ? Do I need a Ke 70 gearbox or something ? Any help would be greatly appreciated . Really don't wanted the auto back in it as it really isn't my thing . 

Members dont see this ad
4 hours ago, Hermes 1979 said:

Hi all, 

I am after making a rookie error and am in need of some advice and solutions that won't break my budget . So the problem is I bought a Ke 55 with an auto in it and it also came with a manual gearbox which I have installed and the realised that the crossmember and gear stick aren't even close to aligning . ( probably should have read a few of the treads on here properly before I started ) . Looking for a way to make this work ? Do I need a Ke 70 gearbox or something ? Any help would be greatly appreciated . Really don't wanted the auto back in it as it really isn't my thing . 

Hi mate, so by  "the crossmember and gear stick aren't even close to aligning" do you mean that the gearstick won't come up through the hole? Or it won't mount up to the chassis and bolt in place under the car?

A new hole in the tunnel for the shifter is fine, making a new crossmember is a bit more involved.

- boingk