3k and 4k Vacuum Diagram

Members dont see this ad

Oh I hate all those little rubber hoses that go hard & crack & leak !  What a nightmare to test all those little actuators, & one way valves.  

Came across one once so bad, I ripped all the "decrepit" hoses off to replace them, only to find someone had placed a ball bearing tightly in each hose, to make it look right, but totally inoperable.

Cheers Banjo

44 minutes ago, Banjo said:

Oh I hate all those little rubber hoses that go hard & crack & leak !  What a nightmare to test all those little actuators, & one way valves.  

Came across one once so bad, I ripped all the "decrepit" hoses off to replace them, only to find someone had placed a ball bearing tightly in each hose, to make it look right, but totally inoperable.

Cheers Banjo

I've read about that. It was a way to trick the cops so you didn't get a defect notice for not having every factory. 

You would have to get a very savy cop to even know what a vacuum line was!

In my limited experience the 3k and 4k carbies are different. the 3k one has like 2 vaccum ports and the 4k has about eleventy billion. I put a 3k carby on my 4k years ago to remove all the vac lines, looked factory cause it was:)

Haha yep. That was back when wreckers were full of 3ks and 4ks. These days you'd be lucky to find any.

Though i made the mistake of not putting the 4k jets in the 3k carby. It ran fine but i reckon it was a bit lean up top. 1.2L vs 1.3L not much difference but i think enough to require bigger jets in the 3k carby.