If I Only Knew Then...

Big G

4 hours ago, Banjo said:

Hi Stuart,

I was very lucky !  My wife's very first car was a KE30.  When I married her I inherited a/her Celica RA40, which we cruised all over Australia, until kids came along.

She currently has a late model Corolla, but strangely enough, when she goes shopping at the weekend, it's my KE30 that disappears from the driveway, for an hour or so.

P.S.  I keep telling, to check I'm not under it, when she hops in it.   (We have four Toyotas in our family)

Cheers Banjo

I can hardly believe the parts I have given away and the cars that I have let slip through my fingers. The Princess regularly berates me for my lack of forsight when I tell her about the good old days of now classic cars in their prime.

Members dont see this ad

Nope !   There are still cheap AE86s around.   Here's one currently up a Gumtree.

Cheap, & keep you busy for a few weekends !

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenmore-park/cars-vans-utes/1985-toyota-sprinter/1189229501?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF-cars-MAU&utm_content=120777_9299

Cheers Banjo

On 7/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, Banjo said:

Hi Stuart,

I was very lucky !  My wife's very first car was a KE30.  When I married her I inherited a/her Celica RA40, which we cruised all over Australia, until kids came along.

She currently has a late model Corolla, but strangely enough, when she goes shopping at the weekend, it's my KE30 that disappears from the driveway, for an hour or so.

P.S.  I keep telling, to check I'm not under it, when she hops in it.   (We have four Toyotas in our family)

Cheers Banjo

Yes definitely lucky.

Sorry wasn't hating, I'd actually pressed post before I finished. What I was meaning was they'll be advised it would be a good idea to sell for "insert reason here" and they'll list it for stupid money that they know it won't sell for.  wife sees car for sale it makes her happy, you know happy wife, happy life sort of thing.

What I do find amusing is these cashed up bogans, buying rough, "survivor" A9X and L34 toranas for $350k!?!? I only know as a mate I've known for 30yrs old man bought that one from Lloyds recently. I don't get it.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:04 PM, Big G said:

I can hardly believe the parts I have given away and the cars that I have let slip through my fingers. The Princess regularly berates me for my lack of forsight when I tell her about the good old days of now classic cars in their prime.

Tell me about it, for starters I've given away maybe 4 k50 gearboxes but that's just the start, I remember in the mid to late 90's helping a mate chop up 3 rough LC torana gtr's to build a mock up, I've also cut up a 1 of 100 310 pack, black over silver, VC sle commodore.