Distributorless 5K Engine

Banjo

How's this all going Mr Banjo?

I'm looking into a wheel speed sensor setup on a ke30-55 hub atm, I've ordered a dash with my ECU and want vehicle speed and gear used on it, added bonus it then unlocks the ability to run traction  control and boost per gear etc.

Setting up those crank an cam sensors is a PITA! Can also give dirty signals to the ECU at higher rpm too, 

Members dont see this ad

Hi Stuart,

Yeah have done that on my KE30, but for a different reason to your need.  I removed my mechanical fan, & fitted a thermofan to my KE30, which was a great mod.  I needed to know the wheel speed, so I could automatically turn on the fan, when in slow traffic in Summer, or when slowing down for lights, to preempt  the water thermostat switch turning it on, when water reached 95 deg C.

You can see how I accomplished this in a long thread called Oil Pump Failure, on page 11.

Oil Pump Failure Thread

If you wanted more pulses, then you could add a small rare earth magnet to each of the four (4) x bolt heads, securing the rotor to the hub.

The Hall Effect sensors are freely available on ebay for just a few $$s.

If you need any more info, then give me a yell.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Ah that's where it was, thanks mate. I'll have a look. I've machined up a couple of early Ford setups recently and know they work but it's always nice to see what others are doing with a front end more suited to what I'm playing with. I'll see if I can dig up a photo or two of what I've done and pm them to you.

Good one !  Post some pictures.  I'm always interested what others are doing.  Altezzaclub did a similar thing, off the front wheel hub, but his need was to provide a speed signal for the rally dash trip altogether something meter.

Cheers Banjo