Anyone got the KE Gearbox Repair Manual??

The Hoonicorn has a leaky front gearbox seal & it can only be replaced by stripping the whole box from the back.  If it didn't oil the clutch I'd ignore it!

If anyone has the Toyota manual e-book that is floating around some very dodgy internet sites I'd love a copy.

The last time this happened I took that box to a gearbox shop to replace the $10 seal and they gave me back a box full of bits saying it was irrepairable as they couldn't buy bearings... all I wanted was a seal put in! 

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

Got two Corolla Gregory's Repair Manuals here for 1200cc No: 122A,  & 1300cc No: 184.

The earlier one gives details of how to dissemble the clusters & main shafts etc, whereas, the later one has a verbose Note: saying that unless you have the expertise & special tools, it should not be attempted.

Happy to send you the earlier 122A manual.

Anyway, where is your adventurous spirit !   It's fun pulling it all to pieces, & then working how to get it all back in.  You really just need to make up a dummy shaft to keep all those little needle rollers in place, when it is reassembled.

Can post manual today, if you PM me your address.

I was Googling to see if I could find something for you, & the first thing that came up was this !

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/6367-How-to-for-K40-K50-gearbox-strip

Cheers Banjo 

Edited by Banjo

haha!  yes banjo, I saw that too!  it still didn't lead me where I wanted to go!  I still have the K40 in bits and a fully disassembled K50 downstairs, but I didn't strip the K50!

I popped into the local gearbox shop and they will replace the seal for $105/hour plus parts...  That's the same as the first shop that stripped my first k50 and wanted to re-new everything!  Anyway, Orange Auto reckon they can get bearings, so I will drop some bits down to him and if he can source parts I might get the dis-assembled one rebuilt.  It needs metal-spray on the bearing surface to build it up, so it all might get too expensive.

The one in the car.. well, I bought a can of Rislone transmission stop leak, so I'll toss that in and see if it helps.

Parrot, if you could copy that part of the manual I would be grateful. There is no hurry right now, but when the Rislone gives up I'll need to do it. 

I also have the Gregorys manual that says "its all too hard, don't touch it!"

Thanks guys!

Hey Altezzaclub if it is of any use to you I have a Toyota manual for a 4 speed gearbox, manual no. 96015-1, that i can take photos of. I also have a Clymer Publications manual which has both T and K series boxes in it, it seems pretty thorough, and a haynes manual, 92725, which has both k40 and k50 boxes in it.

If you want anything happy to copy and send though.