3K-B or 3K-D jetting

Joomen

Hi Folks

One Corolla 1978  KE35 SR with 3K-D I assume since dual carb, and water "Cooled" intake. Only carb kit I could get hold of was for 4K-C question is what jets did a 3K-B/D have and will the 4K kit work at all? The kit number is Keyster K11-3511A for Corolla KE70 1979 and onward. What I mean work at all is needle valve and gasket etc so u can take a part and clean at least.

Cheers J 

Members dont see this ad

bugger i accidently bought that kit for my 4k in philippines, but can't remember what the jets were. i didnt end up using them coz they were wrong and caused a massive idle and low RPM power problem. 
I remember that they were all  relitively close to the follwoing 3K-C&H figures from the K series handbook:

3KC&H
Primary jets: MAIN 1.05mm, SECONDARY 1.41 mm
Slow jet, 0.47
Power Jet 0.8

4KC
PRimary Jets: MAIN1.1mm, SECONDARY 1.53
Slow jet, 0.53
Power Jet 0.8

so the 3K B it that i got, in the orange box, had something simialr to those 3kC sizes, but i think the major difference is the B Primary MAIN jet is ever so slightly bigger than the C (california emmisions)

bugger i accidently bought that kit for my 4k in philippines, but can't remember what the jets were. i didnt end up using them coz they were wrong and caused a massive idle and low RPM power problem. 
I remember that they were all  relitively close to the follwoing 3K-C&H figures from the K series handbook:

3KC&H
Primary jets: MAIN 1.05mm, SECONDARY 1.41 mm
Slow jet, 0.47
Power Jet 0.8

4KC
PRimary Jets: MAIN1.1mm, SECONDARY 1.53
Slow jet, 0.53
Power Jet 0.8

so the 3K B it that i got, in the orange box, had something simialr to those 3kC sizes, but i think the major difference is the B Primary MAIN jet is ever so slightly bigger than the C (california emmisions)

Dual carb is actually 3K-B according to wikiedia.
but according to us here at rollaclub, buth B and D are dual carb.
and according to rollaclub, these twin carbs use

Primary 0.84
Secondary 1.4

take this as gospel from the toyota parts list diagrams for twin 3KB carbs fitted to 1974 KE75 
http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/1974/corolla-trueno/ke35l-ksb/5_161230_046_/tool-engine-fuel/2103_carburetor#21251

primary main 0.83 X2
Secondary Main 1.26 X2 (dissarees with previous rollaclub figure of 1.4)
Slow Jet 0.44 X2
Power Jet 0.55.

This is tthe carb assembly.
http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/1974/corolla-trueno/ke35l-ksb/5_161230_046_/tool-engine-fuel/2102_carburetor-assembly
And the kit you are after is part number 04211-24070

for sale on ebay for 50 bucks.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carburetor-Repair-Kit-Fits-Toyota-Corolla-KE30-E30-KE35-KE36-KE50-3K-3KC-/111874239684