K40/K50 gearbox transmission overhaul manual

Joomen

Hi,

Anyone that know of a good howto or pdf/images of the relevant parts of the transmission manual for the K40/K50? I find more or less nothing on the net.

Yes looked at http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/6367-How-to-for-K40-K50-gearbox-strip and it doesn't say much to be honest of procedures and also tolerances.

Thankful for any answers or leads

Cheers J

Members dont see this ad

I recently copied it for one of the other guys, but not keen on doing that again. It’s 100 pages and a very large file, too big to email. 

The various manuals available on eBay cover it pretty well if you are really keen. Gearboxes aren’t for the faint hearted 

Ah- I see you were looking at my topic on AE86DC, where I was also looking for a manual some years ago.

Where do you live joomen?  Parrot was kind enough to photocopy the manual for me & I can either scan/copy the bits you need or loan it to you if you are close.

Have you rebuilt gearboxes before??  How bad is the one you are working on?

I have the shafts and bearings in at a gearbox shop right now while they chase new bearings, but back when I first tried this I was told there are no new cage roller bearings in existence, they were a specific Toyota part.  The shaft is spalled, but the g'box shop reckon they can get it built up and re-ground.

If the bearings are unobtainable then the gearboxes can't be rebuilt at all, and we will run out of manual boxes sooner or later.

I will chase the g'box shop on Monday & see what they have found out.

I'm sorry to say I'm not close, I assume you're in New South Wales correct? I'm all over the world, working as a traveling programmer but sad to say I'm never down under. The box is pretty noisy to be frank, it shifts well and all it's mainly bearing noise I guess.

I've done minor gearbox work before, mainly on Volvo and Triumph's (as in the car), but parts for those are easy to get hold of and so are manuals.

Interesting to see what u come up with.

https://cobratransmission.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_2065 list some rebuild kits..

Cheers J