Mechanical Sympathy

MZEA12 Corolla hatch

nice little write up. you should start a blog! It is pretty cool how much car you can get for so little money brand new.

13:1 is fairly insane. So it is a normal H pattern manual but it has that rev matching feature? can one turn that feature off to enable full potatoes race mode requiring accurate heal toeing?

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Haha this is my blog!

Yeah 6 in a H with reverse at the top left and the rev matching is off by default. You have to turn it on each time.

I kinda wish it was the other way around because I reckon I'll wear the marking off the button eventually, but it's not configurable.

13:1, direct and port injected, laser etched pistons, 40% thermal efficiency means it uses less fuel than the Echo with more than double the power.

I'm really glad to get on while the engine tech is still new. Keeping a car for 10-15 years means I don't want to buy a driveline that's proven tech but about to be superseded otherwise the tech will be 20-30 years old by the time I'm ready to move on.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

FANGING. I haven't heard that word in forever. It flew me back to my misspent youth and the Springwood Hungry Jacks drags on a Friday night. Aaaah good times.

• Upvote 1

Good write up

I'm a fan of the blue - it really fucks me off that manufacturers are not putting a $50 part in a car to push people to a $9000 increase and then don't offer major options like manual on the high spec cars.
Then again, I'm get pretty excited every time I pop the petrol flap open in the AE71 and don't have to pull the key out of the ignition like a pleb.

• Upvote 1