5K Crankshaft Front Pulley Seal

Banjo

Does anyone have the original Toyota P/N, for this seal ?  It is slightly narrower than the same seal, fitted to 3K & 4K engines.

The OD is 58.0mm,  ID is 38.5mm,  Width is 8.5mm

The 3K & 4K seal is 11mm in width, & cannot be substituted, as they would stick out proud, from the timing chain cover, & possibly rub up against the back of the crankshaft pulley.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Members dont see this ad

Thanks Pete,

Actually,  90311038022 was the number I had obtained from a Japanese website, but after spending 30 mins at my local Bursons store, with no luck, I was starting to believe I had the wrong part number.

Research last night, found that 90311-38022 is a discontinued item, to be replaced by 90311-38053, with same OD & ID, but 7.00mm width, rather than 8.5mm.

Then I found that the 90311-38053 was also discontinued, replaced with 90311-38086, with the exact same dimensions as the 90311-38053.

So back to Bursons to get a hold of a 90311-38086.

To cut a long story short, a supplier was rung, & advised he didn't have the 7.0mm wide seal, but did have 2 off the same seal, but a bit wider, at 8.5mm wide.

As that was the original seal I was after, I ordered both of them, & they will be here in the morning.  Oh the joys of obtaining olde spare parts !

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Banjo 

Thanks Dave !  Noted.  Don't usually buy seals, as I have had a habit of buying up K Series NOS parts, when I see them on-line cheap; including full gasket sets, which include front & rear crankshaft seals.  In this case, I grabbed a seal from my "shelf gasket kit", only to find the 3K/4K seals are several mm wider than the seal for the 5K.

I just fitted a new Rollmaster duplex timing chain & sprockets, which I must have purchased 2-3 years ago, for a rainy day.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo