Carina II '91 in United Kingdom

4A-Foottotheboards

Hi :)

I'm just browsing around Toyota cars with the Carbie 4A-F.

Appreciate it is now 'old tech' but lots of miles run on them so lots of techhie info will be about here....

I post on ToyotaNation (toosavvy, Brit in Bitz!) so perhaps you guys look in on there ??

37672310414_a01c04dfc2_c.jpg

4A-F

Edited by 4A-Foottotheboards
edit

Members dont see this ad
10 hours ago, altezzaclub said:

Carbs lined up to go with it??  DCOE Webers or Mikuni bike carbs?

I plan the 'vac mod', to release the second choke for operation all the time, but no plans for dumping the AISIN. :)

4A-F

I assume that’s the old “swap the spring from one side of the diaphragm to the other” trick. I’d forgotten all about that. We used to do that back in the 80’s club racing days.  But soon it was a slippery slope to twin side drafts  

Ah the memories!

• Like 1

Ah, the memories .... indeed

I'm running a 'timewarp' '91 Carina II ..... These cars were default taxi/pizza delivery fodder 'bitd' >> then ovalled to death!

I'm not going Rat or Scene.... (I'm 61!!) Just taking advantage of a bit of swappability & OldSkool mods.

When I get the bus pass I'll likely move on to Mamod steam engines. lol

4A-F

Ha ha.... I'm up 2 speed on OZ surf scene! I know the difference between a 'woodie' and a Woodie :D

https://goo.gl/images/mabvVV

... why do you reckon my RicePipe is for a t4

Lovely presented  piece of automobilia m8 [/thumbup]

2 hours ago, parrot said:

I should add, after a speed event we would swap the spring back so the second Venturi only opened as per factory, or you lose flexibility for around town driving. 

Yes, it has been commented elsewhere that the 'factory' is best for street.

My plan is to 'temp/bodge' the rod lift (disabled mode) by attaching a slotted arm to the rod - not unscrewing anything on the carb body - the slot in the arm will *'bite' the rod [due to the twist force] and a strong spring hooked to the arm end.

This is turn on/offable for me to run at will, or not!

*beetle lift jacks use the same principle to 'walk up' the jack leg.

4A-F

• 2 weeks later...

I have ordered some exhaust putty, good price + free pp, on eBay. Popped into Halfords Auto Centre and got 4x U-clamps for £1.60 each = cannot find any cheaper option on the web.

I will have to form a bend/join - over the axle - so having pre formed bends, in the original part is an 'extra bonus' :)

4A-F