CE70 van rear axle width

Jansku99

Hi. I'm going to change CE70 van S-series rear axle to early Volvo 240 axle. Now I'm after the measurement from wheel mounting face to face on Corolla's axle (Volvo 240 is 1410mm) and if someone has done this conversion?

How about tailshaft lengths? Do I need to change rear half of it (= Is Volvo 240 diff nose longer than S-series diff nose)?

Are tailshaft rear half's different between KE70 sedan with U-series, KE70 wagon with U-series and CE70 van with S-series?

Thanks again!

Edited by Jansku99

Members dont see this ad

I cant see why you dont just buy a tape measure its gotta be quicker than hit and hope on the forums.

Super unlikely the tailshaft will be correct.  The width is ok though, ke70s arent very wide I think thats in the ballpark.  I remember 1420 being the number but I could be wrong.

Most people on the rollaclub forum are based in Australia, and we didnt get much U series diff stuff, and only got S series in our poverty pack ae86 chassis and the occasional panelvan..

Hi. Reason for this question is that next time I can access my CE70 diesel van (Actually it originally was wagon, so it has 5 doors and windows in back. Just has rear seats removed for lower taxes as Cargo vehicle. Has S-series diff still) is Sunday and I need information to try to get correct parts.

Is wagon/van axle same length as sedan axle?

Has someone got list of different tailshaft lengths, would help trying to find correct one?

Here in Finland we got U-series in every KE70 and S-series in CE70 and TE71. No BorgWarner's here

Edited by Jansku99

Yeah our government would only let high volume cars be sold if Australia got to make portions of them.  Lower volume models like ae86 got all jap configurations but we had to accept the shitty local substitutes for many diffs and gearboxes in the more common cars.

I'm not sure about the sedan vs wagon question.

Unlikely someones got a list of exactly what you'd want to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now I have some information. CE70 wagon S-series rear axle is 1405mm wide from wheel mounting face to face so Volvo 240 axle is perfect.

With tailshaft it is another story. It has to be shortened by 20mm so it is easier to find 240 Volvo tailshaft rear piece and take them to someone who has tools to join them and get them balanced.

• Like 1