Chances

Toyota KE35 Corolla 2 door Coupe

Looking to sell my 1977 KE35 2 Door Toyota Corolla Coupe.
99% original, matching numbers and has 160000km on the clock, I'm the 2nd owner and it comes with logbooks and receipts dating back many decades.
Originally purchased at Farsley Motors in South Brisbane - still has the sticker on the back window.
Purchased the car as a project to restore and have done alot of work which includes the following.

New timing chain kit.
New ignition coil.
New gearbox mount.
New water pump and thermostat housing.
Locally refurbished radiator.
Leads, plugs and points.
Various rubbers - rear shackle and some others that were buggered.
Original carb fully refurbished professionally.
New tierod end's.
Dash removed and detailed from the firewall back.
All fan vent foam has been replaced.
Original cassette deck refurbished with a new old stock motor.
Added an old Alpine equalizer/power amp and new 5x7 speakers (which bolt into the original location - looks stock).
Motor has recently been compression tested at 160psi across all cylinders which is great. Taken it up to Toowoomba a couple of times and down to NSW, very very reliable and drives surprisingly great for a 40 year old car.

Comes with the following parts:
Gregories Workshop Manual for the car.
Spare trimatic gearbox
Toyota 4k motor in parts (spare starter motor, distribuitor, head, block and more).
Manual pedal box (was planning on a 5 speed).
New front windscreen rubber.
New tie rod ends.
New front brake pads.
New hoses & clamps for anything important under the bonnet.
Trimatic gearbox service kit.
New gearbox and diff oil.
Spare drivers side coupe door.

Have been using it as a daily for the last 6 months as I was fixing it up slowly. Always used full zinc oil in the motor and kept in the garage 24/7 unless being driven.

Now the bad...
So the body is the only thing which I have not done much with. The drivers side door has some damage but its purely cosmetic - opens, closes and locks fine. I have another door in great condition ready to paint and fit. I figure its worth doing this all at the same time as there are a couple other marks which need to be touched up also. I don't mind the old look... gives the car some character ! any bare metal showing was treated the moment I received the car and the rust is VERY minimal.
Other than that it just needs some new carpet, very small crack on the dashpad also which can be fixed for around $100 if you want to be picky.

The car is available to come check out anytime, currently unregistered. Should only need new rear brake shoes - maybe - and a handbrake adjustment for roadworthy I believe.

Located in Alexandra Hills, Brisbane.
Looking for $7000

3.jpg

1.jpg

20.jpg

IMG_2929.JPG

20180822_154517.jpg

Edited by Chances

Members dont see this ad

Hi Max,

Bet you are sad to let your KE35 go ?  You have put so much hard work into it, particularly, when you list it all, like that above.

I can vouch for this cars described condition, as I have worked on it a little, & did the compression test.

Definitely worth a look, if anyone is after a truly genuine unmolested classic KE35, that has many more good years of life in it.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo