3S-FE Engine Conversion to KE70

Chama5458

Hello, 

I’m new here. And I’m planning to do an engine conversion to my KE70 using Toyota 3S-FE (16 valve 2.0L) with W50 gearbox. Have anyone done this before?  Please give me some advice regarding the conversion. Thank you and your advices are highly appreciated. 

8AF74437-B69B-4C87-882F-9144712F08BC.jpeg

Members dont see this ad

Welcome Welcome,

I think if you are going to go to the effort of putting a 3sfe in, you might as well put a 3sge in. 

Years and years ago there was someone on here with a rwd 3sfe in a corolla wagon. basically a custom everything job. 

Hi 

Thank you for your quick response. Yes you are right, I also can put a 3SGE in but it’s really costly to buy a 3SGE here in my country. That’s why I’m going for a 3S-FE way more cheaper than 3SGE. Any advice is more appropriated. Thank you. 

• 10 months later...

Same as any conversion-  drop the motor & gearbox in the hole, make new engine mounts to fit then make gearbox mounts. You'll want that tall engine as low as possible, we have the sump just below the cross-member in the rally car. You might have trouble getting the g'box past the steering rack, we drop the cross-member on its bolts to do that, although we're using a J160 box which has a big bellhousing.

You will need to convert the cable clutch to hydraulic, or convert the g'box to cable. The AE71 pedal box is hydraulic and goes straight into a KE70.

Then you'll need a new custom-made driveshaft and a new exhaust system.

If you're having it injected you need to sort the wiring, which is why carbs are simpler.

All of this thread applies as usual..

https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64432-how-to-tackle-that-engine-conversion/