2JZ in to KE20

CJ78

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and was looking for some help.

Has anyone attempted or succeeded in converting a ke20 with a Lexus 2JZ-GE engine?

The other options I've thought about are the 86/BRZ engine or a 20v 4age but the 4age are almost impossible to source.

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Members dont see this ad

How wide is the BRZ motor?? The low center of gravity would be interesting, but it might not fit at all. The 2J would put a lot of weight on the nose.

How about an MX5 motor & a 6-speed. Its the only 4cyl RWD motor setups that is still new. Seeing they race so many of them the tech for modifying them is also new. Even the Altezza 3SGE is getting old now, but either would give you a light car that still handled well.

Thanks for that mate. 

35 minutes ago, altezzaclub said:

How wide is the BRZ motor?? The low center of gravity would be interesting, but it might not fit at all. The 2J would put a lot of weight on the nose.

How about an MX5 motor & a 6-speed. Its the only 4cyl RWD motor setups that is still new. Seeing they race so many of them the tech for modifying them is also new. Even the Altezza 3SGE is getting old now, but either would give you a light car that still handled well.

Thanks for that. The mx5 engine isn't a bad idea. Finding an engine that fits without too much hassle is becoming harder than finding the car! 

Appreciate your help.

In reality, the best would be a Ford Ecotech, but I don't know what RWD gearbox you could bolt up to it. If we solved the FWD to RWD gearbox problem then there are some really light, economical, grunty motors that are recent.   Ah... mounts too, finding holes in the block in the right place for RWD could be a problem.  Ask LittleRedSpirit what his biggest problems were with the 2AZ.

24 minutes ago, altezzaclub said:

In reality, the best would be a Ford Ecotech, but I don't know what RWD gearbox you could bolt up to it. If we solved the FWD to RWD gearbox problem then there are some really light, economical, grunty motors that are recent.   Ah... mounts too, finding holes in the block in the right place for RWD could be a problem.  Ask LittleRedSpirit what his biggest problems were with the 2AZ.

Awesome. Thanks mate. I really appreciate your help