TE38 EFI Swap

79gooser

I recently bought a 79 TE38 with the 2tc. I really want to boost it, but I don't want to deal with a blow through setup, so I'm looking into an EFI swap. I'm just wondering how that's usually set up. Would it be worth it to find a 3tc block and build it out and swap it in? I don't have any time constraints, and I'm willing to take the time to save money and do it right. Any advice from someone that's tackled this swap before would be terrific, thanks. 

-Goose

Members dont see this ad

Hey Goose, I’ve seen a lot of blow through carbureted Toyota’s, most were 22R’s and a few 2/3TC’s in my neck of the woods, they worked great and were definitely a solid setup. The best way would be to check the Holley Sniper EFi kits and anything similar(there’s a few companies now who make carb shaped throttle body setups)check to see if any offer the ability to run boost Then get yourself a 2bbl Toyota  to Holley Adapter plate for said EFI setup and plumb your turbo setup. I’ve got a Holley Sniper EFI kit that’s going to go on my TE51 2TC build. I’m not running boost but I’m sure there’s a retrofit EFI kit out there. I’ve also seen people run a 4AGE intake and throttle body with aftermarket Engine management on a 2/3tc. 

• 3 weeks later...