My latest acquisition

parrot

Exciting news news in the Parrot household as I finally have a shed that does justice to the collection!  A three car garage!

I will now have all three cars in a position where they can actually be worked on, instead of crammed down the side of the current garage  where they are essentially inaccessible.  Meanwhile the AE86 won’t be permanently covered in sawdust from son’s bat repairs.

In a few months after settlement you can expect a photo with the doors up and cars inside!  

Wife says, you will have to throw some of your old parts out.  Err no says I. I’ll be putting in racking for those.

Oh, there is a house attached but that’s the boring bit. 

DCE6021E-F0A4-4DC9-BA36-AE5752A6C7F9.thumb.jpeg.eefeec10e2a7fa411250b7fa21c25c90.jpeg

Edited by parrot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Yep. My wife would however see it the other way, although the shed has been a sticking point in the house search. Plus daughter wants this, and son wants that. 

Fortunately we are all happy!

they can even park their cars in the driveway, or on the street. There is a car pecking order here and Corolla’s take precedence

Edited by parrot

• 3 months later...

So we are in the new place as of yesterday, and the AE86 is the first to make it across today. Got an unregistered single use permit and drove across via the “most direct route”. 

8D4B2605-AB79-45BA-BC85-014C5B48B06C.thumb.png.2a1639a6672487c4bf1330c0e3a7e032.png

Of course initially the car didn’t want to start, but some new 98 octane sorted that out. Then on a tentative initial excursion there was a bit of a rattle from the front right. Turned out the top nut on the damper insert was slightly loose. 

Then the drive across. Hella fun to drive after all this time!

The other two will now need to come on a truck and then I can get things underway at last

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

New house is great, but have had to be pretty brutal with part stores. Sold a few things, thrown out a few things, and Peter Robinson came past with Ute and took a few other things away.  

Now crating up various spares and a huge amount of NOS stuff accumulated over the years for all three cars. I’ve always known what I had, problem was knowing where it was. 

Popped over to a mates today who has an amazing and varied collection including a fantastic AE86 Trueno, and near on 50 Honda cub bikes, and mini bikes. 

He is also cleaning out, so came home with another spare guard, another T50 and another fuel tank, having just thrown out 2. They will all get stored away somewhere.....