Mystery Switch

MI55KE

Hey all..

Was just wondering, i have a mystery switch in my KE55. It's located in the middle section, left of the ash tray. I've looked on other KE55 models and it's not there. I'm not sure if there's a difference in models, since mine is a SE.

It's a little red switch that flicks up and down. We've tried seeing what it does but we can't figure it out! And i don't have manual as yet (waiting on one to arrive). Just not sure if its a standard thing or if its been put in there, and what it could be attached too!

Just curious!

Cheers

~*CaRz!*~

Members dont see this ad

Does it look like an aftermarket install switch? Like for a set of spotlights perhaps fitted prior to you guys owning it? I know the exact location and there is definite provision for a switch, as all I have is a little black void covering that spot. You're correct on the right hand side switch being the rear demister.

Hmm... might be worth while pulling your dash out to suss out where she leads (it'll give you something to do on the weekend) then you can tell us about it :D

hahaha

Edited by Tiger

my guess would be for a set of driving/fog lights. Look for holes in the front bumper as most people are too lazy to make up proper brackets to hold them or for additional wiring hooked into the headlight wires.

Sounds interesting.

Does the switch look like the the demister one?? Like is it the same shape size?? Does it have a picture in the middle like the demister one does??

Nup, its a red toggle switch, looks like something that would fire a missle. No picture or anything, completely unlike the rear demister switch, which leads me to believe that it's aftermarket. No sign of front-mounted foglights though

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

I would assume it would be a set of driving lights

UNLESS he had a "fully sick uleh" undercar neon kit installed :D Who knows.

If it's there... use it for whatever you guys want, whether it be driving lights you wish to install or a killswitch or something (shrugs)

What ever it was it must have been removed. It could have been neons or fog lamps or something.

I hate those ugly switches. Doesn't look original. Thats why in my car i replaced the empty slot with antother demister. Well it'll look like a demister until i replace the demister symbol with somethig else.

Switches.jpg

What ever it was it must have been removed. It could have been neons or fog lamps or something.

I hate those ugly switches. Doesn't look original. Thats why in my car i replaced the empty slot with antother demister. Well it'll look like a demister until i replace the demister symbol with somethig else.

Switches.jpg

HA! i did this exact thing in my ke30!

i changed it from auto to manual and i used one of those switches to operate the reversing lights.

was easier than hooking it up to the manual box and it meant i could put my reversing lights on

when ever i wanted.

was great fun at night.

tidy looking dash.

Scott.

hehehe, or you could do what i did and remount the demister switch on the left hand side and put a 2" gauge on the right....but my demister switch doesnt work my demister anymore......i turn it on now and i hear... clacky clacky clacky.....:D