KE20 BUILD.

Dan T

Hi all

New member and so far have found the site very cool. I was very lucky enough about two months ago to find myself a one owner 1974 KE20 without rust and a car that was well looked after and always garaged with no rust and log books. I know its the perfect car to leave how it is but I have made the choice to do a 4agze Turbo conversion, iam based in Picton NSW about 1hr south west of Sydney and was hoping someone could recommend a shop or someone out my way to do the conversion for me. this would mean the whole car diff, suspension , gearbox, engine conversion , I have a motor already built but that's all I won't the car built properly with the best setup possible and trying to not butcher the car so one day I can return it back to standard. any names and numbers would be much appreciated I will keep the whole process updated on hear as the build moves along.

cheers everyone in advance and best wishes for the new year.

IMG_8369.jpeg

IMG_8382.jpeg

IMG_8392.jpeg

IMG_8405.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

What a great looking car!

I am in the UK doing much the same with my KE20 and I have decided to go for a mildly tuned small port 4AGE standard engine swap which will give me around 160BHP. For a car weighing only 800 kilos that plenty of power in terms of a power to weight ratio.

Be interested to hear how you get on and the mods you decide to go for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,

What an amazing find !  Very, very rare to find a KE-20 is what appears to be absolutely fantastic condition. 

Would love to hear the history you have unearthed behind the car, & the circumstances of how & where you located it.  There'd be a few people on this forum, that would be drooling at the photos you have posted.

I'm presuming the auto gearbox in it, is a 2 speed ?  

Can't work out quite, the white vinyl roof ?   Did you add that, or did it have it when you purchased it, & you've removed it since ?

Looking forward to watching your upgrading of the engine & drive chain.  What plans do you have for upgrading the brakes ?  The KE-20s were never known for their braking prowess, & with the greater HP, you'll certainly have to give it a bit more "stop", as well as "go".

Cheers  Banjo

Edited by Banjo