Toyota KE70 constant power when battery is connected

Husdjuret

1 hour ago, altezzaclub said:

"I was thinking about starting to pull every fuse one by one while the fan spins to see if i could isolate the problem to a specific area "

Yep! Start with that! Even if you find one that stops it spinning, continue on to check them in all fuse boxes in case two of them affect it. There are three sets of fuses, drivers footwell, steering column, and that big box on the battery, and 3 relay boxes I can think of, one in driver's footwell, one in passenger's and one on the battery.

Yeah it seems like the easiest thing to start with before tearing down the wiring. 

Ah I never knew about the relays at the passenger side, thanks for the info. Hopefully I get some time tonight to check it out.

Members dont see this ad

Tonight I tried checking all the fuses and relays and after i pulled all of them the only ones that has an effect and cut the power are the "engine", "ignition" fuse and the main relay.

The fan relay only cut the power to the fan.

Tomorrow I will try to double check all the ground points to see if there is some ground problem. And check the ground wire to the electric fan if there is any voltage running there.

I manage to find a guy that was stripping his ke70 from almost everything. engine, transmission and wiring loom, fusebox and so on so I got to buy it all from him. I figured if there is wrong with the fusebox or wiring loom I could switch it all and have a bunch of spare parts if something else breaks.

• 1 month later...

A update after a loong time.

After I ripped out the wiring loom and fixed some old suspect wires I put it all back in the car.

Bought an universal ignition lock/barrel and rewired the ignition and got rid of the startbutton.

Unpluged the the ignition coil from the distrubitor and tried cranking the car and it spun the starter and the cut the power when turned off :)

I'll try to start it up later this week but it seems like the problem is fixed.

I suspect that it was a few problems causing this like:

Bad alternator 

Two Faulty ignition locks

Broken start button

And bad wiring from previous owner.

Thanks for all the ideas and help.

I'll post a update when the I manage to start the whole car up :)

• 4 weeks later...