Bonnet comparison

Shep2001

Hey all,

thanks for the help with my fuel pump issues, as is with project cars it’s on to the next issue. 

I had a mishap with my bonnet spitting a pin a little while ago and due to a disgusting fibreglass scoop I was blessed with the spectacle of my bonnet shattering all over my windscreen. I had a flatfront bonnet all but bought from a bloke in my state (Tasmania) and he morphed into a ghost when I was ready to come pick it up. I’ve now got the dilemma of trying to find a bonnet on an island disconnected from the rest of the country (how good).

i haven’t had a slant front before nor have I done much perving on them yet I’ve found one wrecking with a bonnet close enough to good condition for me to fix up and slap on, I am wondering though if they are the same dimensions as I’ve heard they’re different. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated as the bonnet at this point is literally all I need for this car to be complete in a roadworthy respect.

cheers

Members dont see this ad

Flatty and slanty are quite different from the screen forward-  bonnet, (longer & different slant) guards, indicators, headlights, radiator panel, grille, scuttle by the screen, stone tray under the bumper...

I have a spotless rustfree beige flatfront bonnet in Orange, but its not the sort of thing to mail readily.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, altezzaclub said:

Flatty and slanty are quite different from the screen forward-  bonnet, (longer & different slant) guards, indicators, headlights, radiator panel, grille, scuttle by the screen, stone tray under the bumper...

I have a spotless rustfree beige flatfront bonnet in Orange, but its not the sort of thing to mail readily.

Thanks for the tip mate, I figured as much but had everything possible crossed hoping someone might prove me wrong.

where are you based I do end up on the mainland a little 

Hi James,

Here is a very "olde" post  (2012) on our forum, that might be of help to you in other areas, although not specific about 
"slant" & "flat face" bonnets.

https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/62425-the-noob-starting-guide-to-ke70s/

Here's another post which votes on which bonnet is best (once you get to page 3), but doesn't provide anything useful regarding dimensions, which Altezzaclub has already advised.

https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/40183-slant-vs-flat-front/#comments

James, there is a guy advertising on Gumtree, in Port Arthur, who has a lot of KE70 body & window parts for sale.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo