Hiro's Ae102

Members dont see this ad

+1 on nice pickup! :y: Somebody had a happy day :)

Sometimes decisions just get made for you (not in the missus-makes them for you way) :P

Yeah, tyres have always been a sore-point for me. Both 16s and 17s are really annoying sizes, expensive and uncommon, the last two sets of 16s have cost me over a grand each (GIIIs and S-drives), yet you can get 18s for the Snoarer for the same price simply because it as the same size as XR Falcons and SS Commodores...

They see me rollin', they ain't hatin'...

P1150228.jpg

P1150233.jpg

Down at the local oval, ground was a little uneven so the arch clearances aren't all even nor indicative

P1150245.jpg

P1150246.jpg

P1150249.jpg

P1150250.jpg

Out the front of home, better idea of stance

Strut-to-sidewall clearance is a little tight on the rears, can still fit a few sheets of paper between so probably 3-5mm clearance, might look at rear spacers further down the track (plenty of room to fill out in the guards) but happy with it for now. Overall damn pleased with the wheels and the way it sits, yet to test the tyres out though...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks good mate it's the first of the ae101/102 rollas I've seen on here except my hatch. Should look into gettin a 20v silver top and puttin it in. My goes hard! Where'd you get the headlights and bucket seats from have been looking for them for mine for ages and haven't been able to find any yet. Love the stance of these after they've been lowered. Gl with it mate

Looks good mate it's the first of the ae101/102 rollas I've seen on here except my hatch. Should look into gettin a 20v silver top and puttin it in. My goes hard! Where'd you get the headlights and bucket seats from have been looking for them for mine for ages and haven't been able to find any yet. Love the stance of these after they've been lowered. Gl with it mate

I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about an engine conversion for a few years now, keeps cycling between 3SGE and 7AGE 20V (blacktop head of course). I like my extra capacity over the 4A so wouldn't go to a straight 20v as the benefit wouldn't be that much.

Headlights I got from eBay, they're copies of the BZ Touring Wagon lights with the side indicators changed back to parkers (as the JDM models don't have the guard repeaters that the Aus models do). Seats are from an AE101 Levin, just find someone who is wrecking one or installing race buckets. Other option is to find an AE102 RV or 102 Sprinter liftback (a lot rarer than the RVs and a bit rarer than the Levins) and use those seats, although they don't sit quite as low as the Levin ones.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Yeah I was wondering wether to go with 7age but I thought ʞ©$ɟ it the 20v silver top is just a bolt straight in and get It wired up bit didn't get it tuned. Still tuned to the drift tune heaps better up top but shit down low. Yeah I've been searching for ages. I'm not far from newy should meet up sometime and check each others rides out love your front bar the stock Ones just don't do it for me but it's rare to get decent body kit for the hatches unless you get a half cut from Japan with the rear bar with it but that's too costly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...