Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers guys, I'm pretty happy with it!

Dude, that's awesome, I love people who think outside the square, taken it for a cruise yet? The only drama you may run into is the back cylinder not getting as much air with an intake manifold without a taper, but it'll still work fine.

The back of the plenum do you mean dude? It's got a bit of a taper to clear the brake booster, it's hard to see in the photos, not sure if that will aid in that last carb getting as much air? I'm hoping so!

I've taken it for a short drive, it pulls pretty well for no tune. It does feels like it is starving on fuel a bit though, so I'm going to chuck some bigger jets in it before Sunday, just to be safe.

I really have to start building a fresh bottom end for it, the poor donk in it at the moment is a bit smokey!

It has a slightly lighter flywheel in it, but yes it will definitely benefit from a light unit, I will be slapping on a lighter one with the rebuild, same with some bigger cams.

As it sits you could really just class the motor in it a jig for the carb setup. I'd say the setup has a fair bit of potential though. :happy:

The car survived the motorkhana!

I'm pretty stoked with how it performed with basically no tune, it has a bit of a dead spot mid rev range around 4-5k which made some runs interesting, but past that it revved out nicely up to around 8k :laff:

The 3.7 ratio diff was a bit tall, I think I spent pretty much all the day in first. I definitely need to get the 4.11 in!

I managed to get a heap of footage with a gopro, so hopefully I will have a video up in the next few days.

Edited by Josho

• 2 weeks later...