Factory Electric Windows In Ke55

Maybe it was a dealer fit option

Well like my signature says, mine is a 1980. October actually. Just before intermittent wipers were introduced actually. It's a CS, so it's got all the shit, inc wrap around bumpers. Yes, the car is prtty well bog stock.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old bloke that owns it could have bought it new, and then 2 hours later decided to fit his own electric windows, maybe he worked at an auto electrician and they had some laying around, so he just wired them up and threw them in.

Or (which is my guess) it's not even a corolla and my mates boss is mistaken, it's probably a crown or some shit

Maybe it was a dealer fit option

Well like my signature says, mine is a 1980. October actually. Just before intermittent wipers were introduced actually. It's a CS, so it's got all the shit, inc wrap around bumpers. Yes, the car is prtty well bog stock.

mines a KE55E CS, squaries, wrap arounds, 1980 model, and it does have intermittents:hmm: , not that they work anymore.

They make the wipers come on every few seconds, for when it's only raining really lightly and you don't need the wipers on full time, it saves u turning them on and off all the time.

Later model cars even came with a thing so u could change the time between each time they came on :faq:

what month 1980?

where are they located, on the stalk?

can someone provide me with pictures?

not sure what month it is, will check tonight.

yeah they're just an extra position on the usual stork.

I still need to buy a new USB cable for my camera, so maybe I should do that soon.

sometimes, but very rarely they will work, but normally I just have to positions of "slow".

so they must have been added sometime just after october 1980, gotta be spewen Mr Hardware!!

Edited by Taz_Rx

variable intermittent wipers

aah i see, just another position.

my wipers go all shuddery on slow, so i just flick them on and off fast when its only raining lightly.

Yeah, i'd like intermittents, but hey, i'm getting my new car in three or four weeks so i'm not too fussed.

I'll be going from a 26 year old car to a 6 year old car. Mind you i'll be going from a car with 340,000klms to a car with 600,000klms. woo!

Edited by Mr Hardware

Guest Brad

Yeah my KE55E has intermittant wipers, il get some pics in 5 minutes!

Woops posted on bros :faq:

Trent-KE30

Edited by Brad