Brake Hoses

k3twent

Members dont see this ad
7 hours ago, parrot said:

You need 2 of each

H1163 is from the hard line to strut bracket. H1164 is from the strut bracket to caliper

Thanks you so much for the information, invaluable help here. 

I need to do the rear also but that doesn't  seem to be listed in the spares box site. Would you know the part number or where I can source all three from ?

I also need the tie rod ends, idler arm and ball joints for both sides. If you can provide some names of suppliers, that would be very much appreciated. 

Wondering if anyone is able to confirm whether the eBay brake hoses fit alright without issues?   The front set seem to be going for less than 120 bucks but I am paying a mechanic to fit so want it to be a straightforward job otherwise I’ll end up paying more in labour.  Mechanic quoted me $$300 to supply and fit through his supplier.  He said if I supply them he will fit it for 70 bucks as long as no issues with it fitting 

Pay the mechanic to do it. He will be responsible parts and warranty associated with it. It will be drive in drive out. Well worth the hundred you might save IF everything goes to plan. Or buy the parts and have a crack at it yourself. Plenty of how to"s online. Check them out before to see if you feel you are capable.

Ball joints BJ113 and tie rods inner TE427 and outer TE428 are easy enough to find on eBay. Not sure what part shop supply is like. Idler arm shouldn’t be too hard either SX1131. Most manufacturers/repackagers will use those numbers, though some have their own. 

Having said that, I will only use genuine or 555 brand. I had a generic tie rod fail once and put me and future wife in a barrier (thankfully) in the middle of a freeway. They come up regularly especially from the Thai sellers, assuming you can wait.  Quality and fitment of some generic stuff can be ‘variable’

PBR don’t appear to have ever listed a rear brakehose.  Very easy to get one made to a sample at a brake shop.  If you are willing to take a $26 punt (again on eBay) reasonably likely that H1576 will fit.  This is the TA22 and onward hose for rear wheel drive Toyota’s