Rare - Rare Find !

Banjo

Members dont see this ad

There were 9 more bids in the final hours of this auction, & it eventually was won, by a bid of $ 12,750.

Hope the new owner is very happy, & joins our forum, so we can learn what the plans are for it.

Cheers Banjo

Steve bought a Yaris as soon as they were announced, I haven't seen it yet. I'd love to know how it feels against his Dad's Focus RS!

I saw one in Orange yesterday, a damm ugly car especially around the rear corners.  Somehow looks bent or broken, or maybe some extra bits were tacked on as an afterthought..

The Corolla was a good buy, I'm hoping I get more for my Datsun 1600 when I finally get around to finishing it.

So the Corolla sold last night, & today another Toyota pops up on Collecting Cars auction site. Not a Corolla, but a 33 year olde Toyota Landcruiser with just 36,486 klms on the clock.

image.png.fe714ab670685db941eecb2ba2a29ec3.png

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1988-toyota-land-cruiser-cab-chassis-pickup

First bid just popped up, @ $ 3,500.

And for those of you who are still jealous that Colin has had a drive of the Yaris GR, then you must watch this video, to understand what all the fuss is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr1eJJhnsLQ&feature=emb_rel_end

Cheers

Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Slow !  You bet.

In another life, I worked in the highlands of PNG, for a rural supply company.  It was mainly coffee production in that area. The company supplied me an FJ55 wagon, company vehicle, like the following . .

image.thumb.png.e42ac76dcb4e34c296d92afc7a511528.png

Actually, it was exactly the same colour scheme as this one above, but was battered & constantly dirty, as there wasn't a sealed road in sight, & the rainfall & mud were constant, in that part of the world. The FJ55 was as rough as guts to drive. A 4 hour trip in it, made you feel like you'd been in a milkshake machine.  However, they were unbelievably reliable, & just never stopped. I used to regularly cross rivers with the water just over the windscreen wipers.  We achieved this by carrying a great big sheet of plastic coffee film, used to place on the ground, to dry coffee. We used to lift the bonnet, tuck it in over the radiator, & close the lid. The plastic film was then tucked in under the bumper bar, so that it covered the grill & radiator completely.

You'd then run at the river, & hit the water hard, so you created a bow wave, which if you kept it moving, didn't allow the water up too high in the engine bay.  Worked most of the time. If it didn't work, there was always a rope in the back, & a lot of locals to help.

image.png.71f93800ec5ac6896d124c68a999bce4.png

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

On 3/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, Banjo said:

Anyone know what "Reserve Lifted" means ?

It sounds like it had a reserve of $ 10K on it, & as it has surpassed that mark, the reserve has been met.

However, could it mean, that the reserve has been increased/lifted; & if it doesn't reach that newer/higher amount, the highest bidder does not necessarily win the auction ?

Cheers Banjo

P.S. Just got an email from Collecting Cars, with link to the website that advised, & answered my query as follows.  NO  RESERVE

Reserve lifted may mean that it has actually hit the reserve mark by that point, but the seller/agent has decided to remove the reserve (think of it as "lifting" a restriction) in a way of sparking further interest rather than waiting for the reserve to actually be met (sometimes bidding will peter out before meeting the reserve as people lose interest not knowing how high the reserve floor is).  You'll see it a lot with house auctions, agents/auctioneers will notice that buyers are losing interest before the reserve is met and will pause/halt the auction to confer with the seller to see if they want to stick to their original reserve and possibly let the auction "pass in", ie not meet the reserve and there is no obligation to sell to the highest bidder (but there is the option for private negotiation afterwards) or if they want to lift the reserve and the auction then becomes "absolute" (ie it _will_ sell to the highest legitimate bid)

Not sure of the legalities, but increasing the reserve price once an auction has started would be incredibly unethical.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Well, with everyone getting hot & sweaty, & excited about the reviews of the Yaris GR, look what popped up on Collecting Cars.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2020-toyota-gr-yaris-1

It's in Perth.   Damn it !

image.png.a63876508330f4a485aecb503b4fbdc3.png

Don't get excited about the $ 11K figure.  It's early days, with 5 auction days to go.  Will be interesting to see what it fetches ?

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo