Rare - Rare Find !

Banjo

Members dont see this ad

ah i was wondering when the GR86 would come up for discussion. 

I quite like the front of it, but the rear is a bit too much.....BMW Z4? Front end certainly looks better than the GT86 in my opinion. 

I think Toyota are to be commended for sticking with the GR-86 as by all accounts the GT86 was not exactly a financial success. Only just broke even.  2.4L in the gr86, as opposed to the 2L GT86. Peak torque at 3700rpm? instead of 6400rpm or whatever it was. Should make it much more friendly to drive on the street. 

Ive been having evil thoughts about buying an older gt86....

• Upvote 1

Well dreaming is free, but it has an emotional cost. 

I was going to say that $12-15k seems to buy something pretty good, but that appears to be pre covid..... Now it seems to be $18-20k.......which is far to much for a car that will lose value...fast...

I'm sure there will be a basket case i can buy for $5k soon enough....

• Upvote 1

Well, how would the Yaris sell as-

"Red-hot pocket rocket, 4WD, active diffs, only $50,000 with a 2L flat-four turbo Subaru engine"

The Subaru's boxer reputation made sure the 86 was never going to be a popular car.

Dave there must be a lot of cheap ones come out of the 86 racing series, they treat them like stockcars.

Quotes of the Week#

Well dreaming is free, but it has an emotional cost. 

I quite like the front of it, but the rear is a bit too much.....BMW Z4? Front end certainly looks better than the GT86 in my opinion. 

Dave, maybe you'd like this one.

image.png.82b4c36edc7cec33d6f9499671a5cf1d.png

There are currently 295 off 86GTs on Carsales.com.au.   The bulk of them fall between $20K - $30K.  The very few that are listed at less than $20K, either are olde (2013-2017) or have lots of klms on them.

P.S.  Hey Dave, I've just found one for you under $5k . . . . . . . .  & it still drives well.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=452122952037071

Edited by Banjo

• 6 months later...

Have been thinking about a GTI for a while, but the prices have inflated somewhat due to the general shortage of new vehicles, and it’s apparent a number of modified GTI owners are taking there cars back to standard to sell them off while they are attracting a premium. Don’t want anything like that

But now there is the Corolla GR on the way!  Looks a lot more practical as a daily car than the Yaris which when I looked at it was just too small.  Local Toyota dealer couldn’t tell me anything, so all I know is the gossip on various websites. And the Toyota Australia web person was a complete waste of time. Toyota Gazoo racing Australia did get back to me, but they can’t say anything yet. They did say they have no info yet on transmission options. I really don’t want a manual for a daily again. Just too hard in Melbourne traffic these days, so very keen on a DSG option if they do it. 

So just need to be a bit patient and see what they come up with. 

Edited by parrot

An article came up on my news feed the other night saying that Gazoo Racing were considering rebirthing the Celica to join their ranks. This theory was supported by the fact that Toyota have reregistered the Celica name in North America. There were artists renderings of a tough modernised TA22 body shell. Fingers crossed people.

Cheers

G

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 1:03 PM, Banjo said:

Hi Cashed Up RollaCub Members.

He is a very original 1979 Corolla 4 door sedan, located in Melbourne, currently for auction on CollectingCars.  The auction closes on Wednesday 3rd March.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1979-toyota-corolla-cs

I'll say no more.  Just look at the 180 pics of this vehicle on the auction site, & read the full description.

It reads like a Rollaclub members wildest dream.

Cheers Banjo

Wow, that's awesome...