Ke25 Electricity problems.

devilsix

Hello.  So I am currently in the prosess of putting My Ke25 back together after years in a shed.  
 The problem I am having is that there is a few things that don’t work.   The blinkers, wipers and revers lights don’t work. (Probably more things😂)   But The hazzards work.      If i remember correctly, i have voltage only on 2 fuses in the fuseblock.   Cigarett and something Else i can’t remember.  No power on either side of the fuse for blinkers or wipers.    Where do i start to look?:).  Electricity and wireing is not My strongest side 🤦🏻‍♂️😅

Edited by devilsix

Members dont see this ad

Hi Rune,

First thing is to get yourself  a wiring diagram for your KE25.  They are a bit of a rats nest, trying to read, but if you work backwards, it's easy to trace out a particular circuit that is not working. I have a Gregorys 122A Manual, covering most KE20-25 models from 1970 - 1978, which didn't change very much, at all.

The fuse block on your Rolla, below the steering column; does it have 8 off, or 10 fuses ?

image.png.89eb4675a93ddd5a095a207e00343168.png

You have identified 3 off circuits that are not working, whilst the ignition is on. (blinkers/wipers/& reversing lights).

Lets start with the reversing lights. The legend says these are items nos: 72 & 81. The wiring diagram indicates LH & RH reversing lights are connected together, & go back to item no: 15, which the legend says is the reversing switch, (usually found on the top of the gearbox.  The other side of this switch, goes to fuse 1 on the fuse block.

The wipers, item no: 19, are powered by fuse 5 on the fuse block.

LH & RH indicator/blinker lights, items 73 & 80, both go back to the indicator switch, which is item no: 64.  The power for the indicator switch comes from the hazzard switch, which is item no: 62.  The hazzard switch obtains it's power from fuse 4 on the fuse block.

The "supply" side of fuse 1 & fuse 5 both get their power from the ignition switch.  Fuse no: 4, gets it's power directly from "fused link", next to the battery terminal, as the hazzard lights must be able to be activated, without the ignition on.  However, that same "fuse Link", feeds power to the ignition switch, which powers the other two items you said are not working.

I would suggest you have a single issue, that is causing no power to be fed to all these three devices.  It could well be the fused link itself.

That would certainly cause the problems you describe. 

With a test lamp, with one side attached to the -ve terminal of the battery, I would start at the battery +ve terminal, & then go to the other side of the fused link, ignition switch +Ve feed, & the supply side of the fused box.

That will probably help you locate where the circuit has gone open circuit.

A simple way to not get confused by the mismash of the lines on the wiring diagram, is to draw just the circuit that is not working, on a piece of paper,& then work through that.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Hi Rune,

Does your 10 off fuse cover look & is labelled like the one above ?

Have you got a picture of your KE25 you can post on here ?

Let us know what you find.  Check those "fuse links" next to the battery positive terminal first.

I think it was only power on horn and lighter fuse

I think you will probably find that the horn & cigarette lighter power is not fed through the ignition switch.

The wiring diagram, I've got, in my KE20/25 manual, is for an 8 fuse model.

Anyone got digital access to a KE25 electrical wiring diagram, that has 10 off fuses ?

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo