Twin side draught weber or single side draught

Brayden

Hi all jist wondering of someone can give me a breif idead of what carbs to go on a 4k that is getting a mild cam and exhause and extractors.... is it worth the twin carbs or just single webber side draught ?

I belive the standard webber uprights are a waste of time and money ?

Members dont see this ad

I had both on a 2T.  You need breathing and compression To make it worthwhile. Also understand it will never work optimally unless you are prepared to spend some dyno time.  And don’t expect old carbs with twisted spindles to be easy to set up

it was a longtime ago but on same motor, twins had a wider useable rev range, made a modest amount of extra power especially at the top of the range, and revved much cleaner. Maximum rpm came up very quickly with the twins

• 10 months later...

I have a single Webber 40dcoe, and I love it. Sounds great. Looks great. Hard to find mechanic to tune them well. Get yourself a book on tuning it. The Webber side draught uses different jetts and throat sizes you match your engine size and power to the webber

IMG_20220209_094038.jpg

Edited by RussRolla
Ad information