• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasgoing through my shed today and found a Dizzy that had been converted to Electronic Ignition and the module for it. It was a Lumenition Optronic Ignition System. I gave it a clean up, found a wiring diagram on the internet and installed it. Now it runs much better, even though the old dizzy had new points and condenser the electronic ignition is streets ahead. The car runs smoother and seems to make more power a new 2" Exhaust is on its way so hopefully it can use the big cam to its potential and extract (pardon the pun) :) more horsepower out of it because the engine isnt breathing well with the stock exhaust.

post-564-1230694393_thumb.jpg

I wasgoing through my shed today and found a Dizzy that had been converted to Electronic Ignition and the module for it. It was a Lumenition Optronic Ignition System. I gave it a clean up, found a wiring diagram on the internet and installed it. Now it runs much better, even though the old dizzy had new points and condenser the electronic ignition is streets ahead. The car runs smoother and seems to make more power a new 2" Exhaust is on its way so hopefully it can use the big cam to its potential and extract (pardon the pun) :) more horsepower out of it because the engine isnt breathing well with the stock exhaust.

Hey nice score on the electronic ignittion, what are your plans for this car?

67 Rolla: I would, i have had points since i have had the car, but now it starts easier and just runs better and there is two less parts that can fail on me or wear out.

KE30 KE35 KE55: No more real plans just waiting to sell a car so taht I can buy the exhaust. I also bought another project car an LH Torana. But the mighty Corolla Is a brilliant car and great fun to drive and unique so it will be a keeper for a fair while longer.

67 Rolla: I would, i have had points since i have had the car, but now it starts easier and just runs better and there is two less parts that can fail on me or wear out.

KE30 KE35 KE55: No more real plans just waiting to sell a car so taht I can buy the exhaust. I also bought another project car an LH Torana. But the mighty Corolla Is a brilliant car and great fun to drive and unique so it will be a keeper for a fair while longer.

LH Torana ,are you going to do like a Gpack, L34 or SLR look a like they are getting kind of rare nice score. :yes:

Probably an SLR at this stage but the project is a long term one as the car need a fair bit of work. Back to corollas and to answer another question from earlier I don't race speedway anymore because this season I was over the age limit in the Junior division but we are prepping my brothers car to race the state championship.