Japanese Classic Car Show - California - 2021

Banjo

Members dont see this ad

Nah, Classic Japan is where it's at!

Yep Pete !  Completely agree.   Have never been to Japan, but if I do, I would be heading straight to Nagakute & Nagoya, to wander around the wonderful car museums the Japanese have there.

image.png.16cd851f635232baf9430c763c55bfcf.png

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/corolla-to-hilux-toyota-75-continued/

My personal problem would be, that although it is wonderful looking at these beautifully restored examples, I would be very frustrated with the fact that you can't lift the bonnet, & see how they did it, & put everything together, on the working side of the cars.

Many years ago I was in London, & visited the big museum there that has everything from planes, to trains, & cars.  I had never seen anything like it, & returned for a further 2 days, as I couldn't drag myself away from it.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Classic Japan is in Melbourne!  Run by the Toyota Car club.  Unfortunately not this year, but all should be good for Dec 2022.  And who knows, I might even drive something there for once.

i'm a huge fan of aircraft museums, but find it immensely frustrating when the exhibits are generally in a darkened environment and usually in gloss paint.

Moorabbin Air Museum is one shining exception to this, and you can actually touch the exhibits, and some you can even clamber into!

• 5 months later...