In Search of a engine part

Ben Ledua

Hi,

I am looking for an intake manifold throttle body of a 7k EFI KR-42 town ace. I am from Fiji and unfortunately there is no one here in Fiji that has this exact part.
I really do need someone to help me with getting this part.

The picture attached is currently the intake manifold throttle body of our vehicle that is bugged.

would appreciate a help from anyone in this forum right now.

thanks

273006376_679215813099505_538965881823389821_n (1).jpg

273006376_679215813099505_538965881823389821_n.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I'd be very interested if someone knows of another throttle body that will fit, or could be adapted to the 7K EFI intake plenum.

image.png.331ecfc5208426ee7029d4610dd443ea.png

I have one here on a 4K engine, that I have been experimenting with over the years, by converting it to EFI, & several different ignition systems.

The trouble with the one I have is, that the "idling bypass valve" is stuffed, & the price for a replacement, is ridiculous.  I was going the just block up all the idling arteries, & fit an external one; around the butterfly, but if I could find a whole late model throttle body one from another Toyota engine, with a very similar inside diameter, then that might be a better & more successful option, in the long term.

image.png.16f9e16bab5bab5959813680c0e798d4.png

image.png.7f40ab3a09753f99fd322c14dc3752a4.png

image.png.2d1be8be9f614021ff6928a3e4ac24b3.png

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
add picture
  • Like 1

Just blank it off with a plate Banjo, its warm enough up there to make the cold idle un-needed.  Its adjustable if you want to go to the trouble, you could make it hardly by-pass any air at all, or none.

The main problem is the ECU can't run a stepper motor for an idle control.  Just that one advance in electronics simplified so many problems in an engine, Josh just turns the key and the racing car engine fires up and idles at 1250rpm perfectly.

What do you reckon we are looking at?  The resistance of the TPS? Not much reason for Toyota to change that. Size of the throttle plate? The 4AGE changed the orientation of the actuator arm between the big port & the small port, but you can move that around.

18 hours ago, Ben Ledua said:

Hi,

I am looking for an intake manifold throttle body of a 7k EFI KR-42 town ace. I am from Fiji and unfortunately there is no one here in Fiji that has this exact part.
I really do need someone to help me with getting this part.

The picture attached is currently the intake manifold throttle body of our vehicle that is bugged.

would appreciate a help from anyone in this forum right now.

thanks

Good morning folks,

Thanks banjo for the insight really appreciate it alot. So i guess no one in this forum knows where i can get the part from right ? cos its been quite hard looking around for this particular one.

d

I had a look on toyodiy.  The part number for a 2000 KR42 Townace (RHD) is 22210-06040

Toyodiy allows you to crosscheck the part number, and the only other model with that TB is a Toyota TUV - whatever that is.

It is shared whether MTM or ATM

That doesn't mean a TB off a different model 7K won't work, but may not be bolt on.  And differences may well be modest.  What else did a 7K EFI come in?

It still gets down to below zero, just west of Brisbane, in Winter. Even on the carby engines, the choke; besides closing off the intake opening, to a degree; also increased the idle back stop, to increase idle speed.

Just blank it off with a plate Banjo, its warm enough up there to make the cold idle un-needed.

Ah !  But one day, when this bloody pandemic is over, I might drive down to Orange to visit you; & if that's in the "colder" months of the year, I'll definitely need automatic idling control, west of the great divide !

However, although there are a few "feedback" control systems in a modern automobile, the idle control, in cold weather; is probably the most visible one to the average driver.  I happen to love feedback systems, & their control, especially when it is differentially proportional. (as it approaches it's final target rpm, then is slows up & approaches that point very slowly)

In Winter you start the car up on a cold morning, & instantly it starts (enriched mixture), & the idling sits at say 1250 - 1300 rpm.  You leave in the drive while, locking the house & garage door, & by the time you are ready to leave, 10 minutes later, it has reached it's warm idling temp of 900-950 rpm.  I love just sitting there watching the rev counter, & seeing the idling speed slowly creeping down to it's final set speed, as the temperature increases. However, idling bypass valves, by their nature are quite small, & because they are not in use for most of the time, they do "gum up".  I always pull them off my Camry & wife's 2009 Corolla, & completely clean them when they get their yearly service.

P.S.  The other thing I love about automatic idling control, is when you disconnect the ECU electrically, & it "forgets/loses" all it's settings. When you take it for a drive after reconnecting the battery, it initially runs at an elevated idle speed, but "learns"; & after a short run, is back to the original initial cold start idle speed. 

I note you can still buy an aftermarket TPS for the 7K engine on ebay for just under $ 60 (Aust)

image.png.79baccb5b4f1e54dd2d5a1ed50bac9d5.png

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo
adding copy