Suspension Upgrade

Des

they maybe be botteming out cause they are too soft. you should have stiff springs in!! love the harsh ride and arse braking when you hit a pot hole!!! i have stockies in with f@$ked shocks, going for quality of ajps, kyb and whiteline, i KNOW these are trusted brands. havnt every heard of any horror stories with these manufactours. my mate has a sprinta with some ajps springs and kyb shocks they work a treat.

i would recomend kyb/whiteline shocks with white line uprated white line springs and swaybars..

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 year later...

What are kings like for ride quality? I do allot of country driving with bumps and pot holes and I'm more after handling then getting it really low and i have 17's on my AE92, any recommendations I was thinking about king springs with kyb shocks then getting an anti roll bar for the front and back and i already have a sway bar on the car but would the springs and shocks be to harsh of a ride?

personally, i wouldnt use kings normal range of springs for anything other than a paper weight.

they have a bad habit of listing srings to suit a car based on fitment only, not taking into account weight etc, even if the cars are 400kg different.

i have found them to be in consistant in quality anf prone to sagging. made worse by one set of four, not always behaving the same!!

What are kings like for ride quality? I do allot of country driving with bumps and pot holes and I'm more after handling then getting it really low and i have 17's on my AE92, any recommendations I was thinking about king springs with kyb shocks then getting an anti roll bar for the front and back and i already have a sway bar on the car but would the springs and shocks be to harsh of a ride?

i have king lows all round with kyb excel g's, 20mm front sway bar, 24mm rear sway bar, front strut top bar, polyurethane bushes right through out and 16 inch rims. ride a little bumpy but not unbearable since i know that all four wheels are staying in contact with the ground

(no offence to mr revhead) i personally havent had issues with my king springs on any of my cars past and present and neither have my friends who have used king springs, and they are a good alternative maybe not the best but that are still good product, and plus it entirely up to you as a person what product u use in ur car

I know alot of Pulsar owners swear by King Springs. I personally don't rate them (not for performance, but their low springs were actually higher than the standard springs that i had in my car). I understand the ride quality is fine amongst other users.....however the only other alternative or comparison for these people are coilovers.

I have used and recommend Lovells. I don't rate Pedders either for the same reason above.

I only use Custom Springs now. Infact i have some for sale in the parts section if your interested. :wink:

I run Lovells Super Lows and KYB Excel G struts in my N14 Pulsar. They are fine. Nice and stiff, and they don't bottom out either.

Edited by kangaroosa

I hate them, Wont use them again.

In my seca they were way to soft, I reckon worse than stock springs.

In my Corona they are still way to soft.

Maybe there custom line is better but i don't like them.

Buying off the shelf king springs is bad news if you want a performance upgrade, they're only intended to be standard weight, reduced height springs, try and drive the car like a race car and they're not going to last.

For only about $180 a pair you can get a custom wound kings, any rate, any free height you want.

I won't add to the spring debate but put some decent inserts in the front. Get a couple of degrees of camber and some extra toe at the rear. AE82's respond well to rear toe. You get excellent turn in. This was recommended to me by one of the corolla nuts at Fulcrum. Swaybars are a preference thing. Depends what rate springs you went with and so forth.