5K with no oil pressure!

LucaKE

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Before I filmed that clip, I balanced carb butterflies and reset the baseline tune. "

But the clip showed no hose on the barb in the inlet manifold, so that air leak would make it run terribly.

As a quick check, run it with the hose set up as normal for the brake booster/PCV, then pop the hose off and put your thumb over the hole, or anything to block it. See if the motor runs the same, which it should unless there is a leak in the booster/PCV.

Don't forget there are several different distributors on these engines, some with adv/retard knobs, some without, some large and some smaller.

As Luca has purchased this manifold new, by the appearance of it; it maybe, that the casting is formed, but you have to drill it out, if you need to use a particular vacuum port.  

Have often seen universal alloy manifolds new, with more vacuum ports that you can use; all blocked off, so you drill out the one most conveniently located to where the vacuum hoses are in the engine bay. 

Finding it hard to believe it would run, as well as the video indicated, if it was wide open, as it first appears.

That size vacuum connection could only be utilised for a brake booster me thinks ?

Cheers Banjo

Hi there guys

Didn't get a chance to fiddle some more with the engine today, hoping tomorrow morning I get some time.

5 hours ago, altezzaclub said:

"Before I filmed that clip, I balanced carb butterflies and reset the baseline tune. "

But the clip showed no hose on the barb in the inlet manifold, so that air leak would make it run terribly.

As a quick check, run it with the hose set up as normal for the brake booster/PCV, then pop the hose off and put your thumb over the hole, or anything to block it. See if the motor runs the same, which it should unless there is a leak in the booster/PCV.

Don't forget there are several different distributors on these engines, some with adv/retard knobs, some without, some large and some smaller.

Ah yes, I did that and it still runs the same.

1 hour ago, Banjo said:

As Luca has purchased this manifold new, by the appearance of it; it maybe, that the casting is formed, but you have to drill it out, if you need to use a particular vacuum port.  

Have often seen universal alloy manifolds new, with more vacuum ports that you can use; all blocked off, so you drill out the one most conveniently located to where the vacuum hoses are in the engine bay. 

Finding it hard to believe it would run, as well as the video indicated, if it was wide open, as it first appears.

That size vacuum connection could only be utilised for a brake booster me thinks ?

Cheers Banjo

Yes, this manifold looks new but is used. The vacuum connection is for the brake booster. I have a T-piece between the intake manifold and the booster that splits the line into the PCV value. Just checked, but the hole is drilled out also.

Will bring some more information to the table tomorrow.

KInd regards