69 Corolla junkyard find.

A.deCoset

Members dont see this ad

Welcome aboard; & what a find !  It appears that the speedo, is indicating it has travelled just under 40,000 klms.  That seems unlikely.  if the car has been sitting there for 25 years, then when it entered the junk yard, it was already 28 years olde.  Highly unlikely, that it would only travelled approximately 1500 klms each year since new.

Where about are you located, & are spares available readily ?

Are you " enticed", to return it to original, or upgrade it all round ?

Before, I removed a bolt or panel anywhere, I would see if you can get the engine going, although, that is a big ask, as the engine has been in the weather, without a air cleaner on it, so may well be "frozen".

Congratulations, & let us know what you decide, & start a thread, on Rollaclub, & keep us posted.  We love these type of "projects"

Cheers Banjo

12 hours ago, Banjo said:

Welcome aboard; & what a find !  It appears that the speedo, is indicating it has travelled just under 40,000 klms.  That seems unlikely.  if the car has been sitting there for 25 years, then when it entered the junk yard, it was already 28 years olde.  Highly unlikely, that it would only travelled approximately 1500 klms each year since new.

Where about are you located, & are spares available readily ?

Are you " enticed", to return it to original, or upgrade it all round ?

Before, I removed a bolt or panel anywhere, I would see if you can get the engine going, although, that is a big ask, as the engine has been in the weather, without a air cleaner on it, so may well be "frozen".

Congratulations, & let us know what you decide, & start a thread, on Rollaclub, & keep us posted.  We love these type of "projects"

Cheers Banjo

Hey Banjo thanks for the kind words! According the the guy I bought it from that is the original mileage and it did come with some old receipts for work that seem to indicate that might be accurate. I'd like to drive it 100% stock at first to get the real KE10 experience haha. As for the engine it did sit all those years with  no air cleaner or exhaust so I assumed it would be very rusted inside, to my surprise that wasn't the case. I actually Got this to fire up and drive with nothing more then a used battery and some gas! I couldn't believe it, it is a Toyota though!

This car is from Nova Scotia, Canada btw. I am not aware of another KE10 on the east coast of Canada, rust is a real killer here. Parts are extremely limited but lucky for me this car was about 95% complete. I was missing a grille emblem but was able to get one sent to me from the Philippians. 

307107939_8457792450897810_24530521715544246_n.jpg

308498174_8552125598131161_7839587943397195683_n.jpg

20220501_144910.jpg

20220521_140136.jpg

1 hour ago, parrot said:

Well I prefer the cream colour and reckon it complements the blue car,  but I have a KE15 so I’m biased. 

This guy sells very good aftermarket copies made for him. 

https://www.koromoheritage.com/shop/cars/corolla-sprinter/corolla-e10?start=20

I found this on FB marketplace just after I posted that haha. I still need one more but I got this for $7!!

20221114_192351.jpg