Ignition Wiring

MattKe35

I've just changed from the external regulated denso to the interal reg Bosh.

The alternator runs great and the charge light works.

However the ignition wont turn off now that ive removed the external reg.

The relay works well if i turn it to on and back off, but if i start the car it wont turn off?

What am i missing?

Members dont see this ad

Hi Matthew,

Can you do a quick sketch of how you have wired it up ?   I've done that mod years ago on an early Rolla, & don't ever recall having any real issues.

If you supply a sketch, We'll soon see where the issue is.  I'm presuming you have removed & disconnected the olde external regulator box ?

Cheers

Banjo

Yes i disconnected the regulator box and connected the charge light from the alt to the middle bottom row pin of the plug that used to connect to the box. 

Charge light comes on when key is in on positon and disappears when started. It comes back on when moved to acc and off though the engine keeps running 

Hi Matthew,

Sounds like there is something amiss.  I do recall there was something different  with the way the charge light wa needed to be connected up.

Let me take a look at my KE30, & I'll see how it was done.  Too long ago, to remember the details.

Cheers

Banjo

Hi Matthew,

Go to this link in Rollaclub.

https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/73991-ke20-alt-wiring/#comments

I found an olde post where someone else got caught doing an alternator upgrade, & in that post is a sketch, that should get you sorted.

Yell out, if you are still having issues.

Cheers Banjo