So I Have A Ae71 Panel Van

BOAT ANCHER

yeah sorry for the long delay but it has been out of my hands only just got it back from the panel shop the role pan looks good but thats the reason for all the delay i did not have to worry about the spare tyre bracket as i am going to move the spare into the back behind the front seats and probly put a drop tank on it also will try put more pics on more regular as i have the motor ordered and it will be ready for me in about 5 weeks

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ i have the motor ordered and it will be ready for me in about 5 weeks]

Cool, at last Sydney will have another *E71 Pano on the road. Hopefully that will be number three, that I know of. What kind of "Motor" will you use? Electric, lol :hmm: . Tell us what happened to your first (old) frame. Very pleasing to see that you kept interested in "Rolla's" after all that time.

When yours is ready to be revealed we should organize a Pano convention.

Well done, we all support you! :P

am going to put a 4agze in it ,as for the old frame lets just say its dead to us now, got cut up and scraped

also have decided to get rid of the reverse lights and going to put in l.e.ds in back.jpg

side.jpg

here are the lights i am thinking of putting in

lights.jpg

Edited by BOAT ANCHER

• 3 months later...

:) after so much time has past the car is home and i have been busy with my half cut

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

so there are the picks of the half cut not that clear but u get the point so the motor is out and i have started to strip it i through it has taken this long better do i right first time all parts getting painted etc

P1040011.jpg

P1040010.jpg

P1040009.jpg

so there are a few of it being strip now some of the painting before

DSC00450.jpg

after

DSC00455.jpg

so though i would buy a few things to help it move a bit better adjustable cam gears and a gates racing timing belt pics below

DSC00451.jpg

so with all the parts looking good could not put it on a bad looking head and block, also wanted to see what the boars looked like so took the head off sent away and got it acid cleaned and skimed new seals etc

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

as u can see in the 3rd photo the boars still have the cross hatch and no lips so all good not going to stip the bottom end any more but am going to get the block sand blasted and painted this is the pics before the block got sent away

DSC00460.jpg

thats is all I'm up to for now post more soon

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The AE71 van doesnt have a 4 link rear like the sedan or the ae86, so you can't run the T series diff from a Jap ae86. Best to look for an f series leaf rear from an old lux and an lsd for it from an ma61. Much less fiddling and a bigger stronger commercial type diff for the van.

wow thanks for that info was going to go get a jdm t series for my pano but didn't realise the obvious there. bloody leaf springs.

Edited by the_van_can