KE30 big brake kit

davek_14

Members dont see this ad

Hi Dave,

That looks amazing, & very professional, & simply bolt off; bolt on, from what I can see.

It just raises two questions.

1.  How much does that conversion kit cost, as displayed in your pic. ?

2.  What size wheels did you fit, to wrap around that enlarged setup ?

Would love a picture to see the wheels & front guard, to gain an insight into the resulting "stance" of the car.

Did you match this front brake upgrade, with anything done to the rear brakes.  Were your original rear brakes 9 inch, or smaller.

Cheers Banjo

Hi Banjo, there are two setups, the one I bought with 280 mm rotors, need 16 inch wheels which I had already fitted, or 260 mm rotors will fit 13-14 inch wheels. There are numerous pad- calliper setups depending on how much you want to spend, I bought it direct from Mannon Racing when I was in NZ for $1100 12 months age ( it has taken me this long to get the car finished)  website  now quotes $1300 plus postage from NZ , a lot of money, but as I have fitted a 7K I wanted the thing to stop. Will take a few pics for you over the next few days. Rear brakes are drum from I believe a KE 55, put the whole rear axle in as one unit, Mannon adjust the piston size in the calliper to suit the original master cylinder. What can I say, it stops like a modern car, no brake lockup that I can determine. Very happy I spent the money 💰 

Thanks Dave !  Really interested as I have a complete rear diff/axle/brakes assembly out of a KE-55, ready to go into my KE30. The beauty of the later KE55 rear end, is that it had 9 inch brakes as standard, whereas the KE30 original "rear stoppers", were only 7 inch drums.

I  knew that most of your braking efforts are done with the front brakes, & it took a bit of playing around, & trips to the wreckers with a tape measure before I made a setup, using Celica front struts, with Cresida rotors, & Cresida pads & calipers.  however, the rotors were off one model Cresida, & the calipers & pads from another.  I fitted a whole new master cylinder arrangement from a Pajero.   It worked perfectly, & is still working after many years.

https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/71412-pajero-master-cylinder-upgrade/?tab=comments#comment-695311

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Sounds like a lot of work, re the Celica/Cressida front brakes. Interested in the Pajero master cylinder though.

I don’t have that much time available, doing a complete rebuild of a 253 holden WB one tonner atm.

Some pix of the Rolla as promised. Waiting on a new front grill from Thailand.

74CFE4F8-4C36-429A-9AAF-642214A5F812.jpeg

AF20BD1E-A868-4075-89CC-4886FFCBE150.jpeg

B5C7ACFD-B2DB-430A-9104-B50E76E1F10C.jpeg

108C94B4-27B5-433D-A1CB-7AED31C1B361.jpeg

948337C5-40C9-44ED-9215-594240292668.jpeg

09953DBB-D4F1-495E-8914-B05B20462D12.jpeg