Ke30/55 Vn V6

ROLLLA

Hi all, I'm just new to this forum and have been playin around with a few ke55's and I'm interested in goin for a VN V6 conversion in mine. I was just wondering if anyone has tackled it here and if so could u guys share with me the pros and cons of the conversion.

thanks

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*turns on bogan voice*

nah mayyte, put a fully sick v8 init, and give it a fully sick welded diff and a 'ood scoop mayyyyte!!

*turns off bogan voice*

i rekon a v6 in a rolla would hammer :jamie: having something different is usually always good :cool:

Trust me....it hauls ass

it would. i don't really like the things myself, but the v6 commodores do go alright. a base vn v6 puts out around 130kw with near 300 Nm of torque. similar kw's to a late 4agze or 20v, but with about 50% more torque than the 4agze, and nearly double the torque of the 20v.

the later v6's put out up to 190kw in factory trim.

biggest thing holding back a v6 is weight. a vn is over 1300kg with the later models up around the 1600kg mark. a v6 is definitely going to haul ass in something like a ke30. a swap would cost SFA seeing as you can buy complete cars for next to nothing, making a great bang for buck conversion.

making it legal would be another story....

Edited by Felix

Basically as long as my brakes are upgraded and there is the right clearences between moving and non moving parts and I'm running stock ecu with all pollution gear on then it will be easy 2 engineer. Not sure how hard it is to engineer interstate but in victoria there are a few good places that friends have gone to when they engineered their RA23 celicas with 1ggte single turbo conversions. Engineering is basically looking at the safety issues more than the performance issues.

Basically as long as my brakes are upgraded and there is the right clearences between moving and non moving parts and I'm running stock ecu with all pollution gear on then it will be easy 2 engineer. Not sure how hard it is to engineer interstate but in victoria there are a few good places that friends have gone to when they engineered their RA23 celicas with 1ggte single turbo conversions. Engineering is basically looking at the safety issues more than the performance issues.

id be more worried about the sacrifice in handling myself...the v6 being alot heavier than a 4k, it would be quite hard to get it to handle right.

On the other hand, even the stock motor will be bloody quick! i have thought of doing this myself actually, go for it, it will be very different, keep us updated on the progress!

I think it is a great idea, it only takes a few small things to get 3.8 type power out of one of these big berthas. I don't think it would handle all that bad either as long as you kept it against the firewall. The problemi beleive would be approval.In qld not possible. The 1ggte is legai in qld because the celica weighs more than 1100kg(correct me if I'm wrong on the weight). Your rola weighs 930kg approx, max na size in qld 2.6litres. I can't imagine that any other state would be that much different. :jamie:

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!