7k Into Ke10

madrolla68

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the clerence like in the KE10 with turbo sitting like that?

Looking forward to hear how she runs , and keep up with the pics lol...

MAn there is heaps of clearance,I'm running a 3" dump pipe from the turbo and it clears everything by miles.

Just gotta setup the manifold and turbo properly,

I had it running tonight and it sounds sweet,can't wait to tune it and then drive.

:) oh, I feel so speacial now!

discovered something handle I've been mulling over lately......

the first lot of injected falcons had a pretty simple carby style throttle body on them that actually shares the same bolt spacings for the manifold as the webers that were previosly equipped on them.......

And I reckon you could get one from a wreckers REAL cheap!!......

Adapter plates are available at nearly any auto shop to put these webers on corolla manifolds....

So probably for under $100 you can have injection on a standard corolla manifold!!!!

cheap fuel only ECU, and a hat for the top of the injection.......hey presto.....uber cheap injection!! :dance:

:) oh, I feel so speacial now!

discovered something handle I've been mulling over lately......

the first lot of injected falcons had a pretty simple carby style throttle body on them that actually shares the same bolt spacings for the manifold as the webers that were previosly equipped on them.......

And I reckon you could get one from a wreckers REAL cheap!!......

Adapter plates are available at nearly any auto shop to put these webers on corolla manifolds....

So probably for under $100 you can have injection on a standard corolla manifold!!!!

cheap fuel only ECU, and a hat for the top of the injection.......hey presto.....uber cheap injection!! :dance:

Yep that is a good idea,where can you geta simple fuel only ECU cheap.

:y: looks great this car is going to fly. I thought you might not have enough space but there looks like there is plenty of space keep up the good work

Well its running took it for a blast last night, makes good boost down low,not laggy.

Still tuning but will run well when sorted.

"normal" boost is spiking around 9, runs anything above 7.

with the switch on, will spike around 12, run about 10, and on cold Tassie nights spike about 14 and run 12!!!

If you crank yours up to around 12psi it'll feel like you just doubled your torque!! :y:

What have you done in terms of ignition? you just running a standard 7k electronic retarded a little?

Have a guy on Ausrotary who is going to send me a diagram on how to convert a vacuum advance into a boost retard, will send you a copy too if you want?

"normal" boost is spiking around 9, runs anything above 7.

with the switch on, will spike around 12, run about 10, and on cold Tassie nights spike about 14 and run 12!!!

If you crank yours up to around 12psi it'll feel like you just doubled your torque!! :y:

What have you done in terms of ignition? you just running a standard 7k electronic retarded a little?

Have a guy on Ausrotary who is going to send me a diagram on how to convert a vacuum advance into a boost retard, will send you a copy too if you want?

I am just running a STD electronic dissy retarded,that conversion diagram would be great cause i don't want to hook up the crank trigger and let the wolf manage it just yet,still learning the EFI setup.

Do you know whar AFR's you are running ,do you run it really fat to save the pistons.