Ke55- 12a Conversion

MD0086

Members dont see this ad

jason: I think there is actually. I'm not sure what exactly it is though, I think it goes something along the lines that the brakes have to be equivalent if not better than the original brakes from the original car (that the engine came out of). Or something like that.

thats what i though until i spoke to the engineer, Robin something. Also said we can run rubber fuel lines the whole way?

PS i am doing brake upgrades anyway. Shuddereds at the though of stock ke70 brakes.

Edited by Jason

theres no requirement's to upgrade brakes for engine conversions :down:

well... that's all subjective to your engineer. personally, if i found someone who would allow ANY better-than-K engine into a corolla with stock brakes, i wouldn't want them engineering my car. any turbo motor with stock KExx brakes is a death wish

there's also a clause in the ADRs that specifies that, even with the original engine, if you sufficiently upgrade the power output of a vehicle, you are supposed to sufficiently upgrade the safety systems (ie: brakes, seatbelts, etc) of the vehicle as well

realistically, i don't think stock corolla brakes stop a stock corolla well enough, never mind one with a warm 4k like mine, or a big power motor like rob's or doug's. after having one full braking run in fook's ae35, you realise just how pathetic a single piston, 218mm solid rotor brake really is

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

has anyone thought that maybe he has no idea on what to do about increasing his brake size etc within the law required... its not as easy as everyone would think... still thou its an amazing looking car... that's my 2 cents worth... p.s. if anyone wants to upgrade ur brakes i have a seriously decentset up... hit me up guys cheers