How To Do Key Bangers

Members dont see this ad

its where on a old car u drive it normally, then turn it off, but keep it in gear n rolling, allowing fuel to be sucked in thru the engine without burning, then after a while u turn the engine back to 'on' and then the combustion is meant to ignite the fuel that is in the exhaust and it makes big bangs, the only detrimental effects ive heard of is blowing apart muffelers, but my muffelers rnt in that badder condition and i havent been able to get even a pop :P

While your driving the car turn the ignition off, leave the gearbox in gear, pump the gas pedal a few times and then turn the ignition back on.

If you pump too much fuel into the motor you'll blow the muffler apart. Unless you do the same thing as what a mate use to do and use a slip joint on the exhaust. But i reakon the worst you could do is crack a piston or two or...... maybe even do in a ring or two or......

Mind you its funny as all phuck when you scoot past a cop who's booking someone and hit the key.

its where on a old car u drive it normally, then turn it off, but keep it in gear n rolling, allowing fuel to be sucked in thru the engine without burning, then after a while u turn the engine back to 'on' and then the combustion is meant to ignite the fuel that is in the exhaust and it makes big bangs, the only detrimental effects ive heard of is blowing apart muffelers, but my muffelers rnt in that badder condition and i havent been able to get even a pop :P

Try mucking around with the timing.

ummm, you can also blow the exhaust manifold off the block if its a big enough bang....

my suggestion is not to do it at all unless its a backyard dunger. You can do too much damage if you do it wrong.

ummm, you can also blow the exhaust manifold off the block if its a big enough bang....

my suggestion is not to do it at all unless its a backyard dunger. You can do too much damage if you do it wrong.

tru, good point, but damn, all good points not to do it, but for some reason, i still want to, just at least once to scare the shit out of some pushbike bandits!

hahaha seeming it don't do that i mite put a coil in the exhaust, they are cool, anyone know how to do that on a budget?

Drill and tap the exhaust for a spark plug. And two switches, one to charge the coil and the other one to fire the charge to the plug. Think of it like the old points system on the ignition.

In my young and wilder days, I was street racing an old falcon. Just as I was hitting 6500rpm in 2nd I hear a huge bang. First thing through my mind was "f@$k Ive blown it up" but the guages were fine. Look across and the pricks in the Falcon were pissing themselves after key banging me.