Nt General Discussion

Pure-SX

Good point, but its not on the road yet is it?

AE82 corolla sedan and its cream,

need I say more.

What are your thoughts on FMIC's, yay or nay to a modified front bar? I think they look OK if done well but shite if they are just hacked the hell out of

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Billzilla says 11,000rpm for the SC12. However, MANY people spin theirs at up to 12,000rpm with no issues.

Here's supercharger rpm with different pulleys - all are worked out at 7,500rpm at the engine:

Supercharger Comparison

I have also included the SC14. The supercharger speeds are the same, but you can see just how much more air it can flow.

Why's this important? Well, maybe because of this. :evil:

What sort of pulleys will you have?

Have a look in the "ZOOM" magazine next time your at a news agency

2 old school Celica's (1 has a 1uz the other a 1ggte) and an old school corolla with an fj20et

Edited by Pure-SX

omg hopw did i miss taht post....

so adad what sped will my sc12 do?

With a standard crank pulley and 90mm Falcon SC pulley, with the engine at 7,500rpm your SC12 will be doing 12,500rpm. It's pushing it a bit, but considering NST run theirs at up to 13,235rpm, you might be okay.

What sort of pulleys will you have?

Have a look in the "ZOOM" magazine next time your at a news agency

2 old school Celica's (1 has a 1uz the other a 1ggte) and an old school corolla with an fj20et

Hmm, I'll have to check that out.

With the SC14 I'm thinking about using a 160mm crank pulley and a 102mm SC pulley (fixed). Might end up going for the 170mm crank pulley though. Then I'll match Shane's SC speed, but have a bigger supercharger. :evil: Plus by using the pulleys I plan on using, they'll be lighter than Shane's. I don't imagine the Falcon pulley would be especially light, and the crank pulley could lose some weight. BTW, the whole point of using the Falcon pulley is to KEEP the SC clutch.

Edited by ancullen

supercharger speed of 12500 rpm at 7500 rpm according to the table.

according to that table ur supercharger spins at 9000rpm stock at 7500 rpm lol

bit of an increase much? :evil:

And Shane's maximum boost is obtained at 4,000/4,500 engine rpm. From that point onwards the ABV limits the boost. The AW11 should be getting about 14psi (at a guess).

Ohh Adam I will just bring the magazine on Saturday for you mate no problem there.

The corolla is sweet, whitewalls and all :evil:. don't like the fj20 though.

I have so got to make my mind up what I want to do with the car, keep changing my mind lol, almost like a a a women :(