Ke30-55 Members Page.

casey

Members dont see this ad

1 less KE30 on the roads now... Had some cock plough into my 30 yesterday morning. shoved me into another car, so both front and rear damage.... don't think insurance will want to pay the bill!

the hunt is on for another one....

• 3 weeks later...

After almost 12 months of being rolla-less, I finally have a new one in my hot little hands :D

Name: Kylie

Car: 1975 ke36 Windowless panelvan

Motor & Driveline: 4k with ? k's. 4 Speed box. Came with a locked 3.9 (we think) diff, changed to 4.1 borgy yesterday with matching tailshaft.

Suspension & Brakes: It's apparently had alot of bushes replaced, the monroe shockies in the back look relatively new. Stock as a rock rear leafs. Stock brakes apart from swapping to girlock calipers for the front yesterday to fit hotwires to car.

Wheels & Tyres: 14" Hotwires. Not sure of offset. Firehawk rubbers - nicked these off the ke55 :)

Interior: Bit of this, bit of that. Original brown seats and vinyl covering over gearbox tunnel. Really annoying black carpets in footwells (not held down by anything). Black roof lining, dash and door trims. Back of car has brown house carpet and has been painted black.

Body: Has been resprayed white by a previous owner. Metallic blue paint coming through in a couple of spots. A little rusty, as can be expected for an almost 400,000km old car, but surprisingly not too bad.

Other:

post-5737-0-40329500-1313994699_thumb.jpg

post-5737-0-95532100-1313994800_thumb.jpg

post-5737-0-66810400-1313994806_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Alana Blackman

Car: 1981 KE55 XX Coupe

Motor & Driveline:4k with 5spd gear box

Suspension & Brakes: stock stock stock

Wheels & Tyres: stock alloys

Interior: nice creamy interior, black seat covers

Body: was gold colour as shown in profile pic, but now is an awesome shade of green

Other: decided to get it painted this year. colour is Toyota Pure Green 6C5 Have also had roof lining re made, got new quarter vent strips, and have swapped ova the shitty dash for a good one and got the front bumper re chromed. also brought a new engine to go in it in the future when i have some spare cash, 3T with 5spd T50 box, extractors and webber carby. :)post-5925-0-86684100-1315389654_thumb.jpgpost-5925-0-88233100-1315389425_thumb.jpgpost-5925-0-41586900-1315389968_thumb.jpg

will get more pics up when its all back together :) :) :)

Edited by ke55 glamour girl

Nice KE55 Alana.

How did you go when you got it resprayed, Did you remove any rusted areas or just use rust converter and prime/paint over it?

I'm new to the bodywork side of things and would like to fix up my ol girl

There was quite alot of rust in the drivers side rear wheel arch, the guy who did it for me, cut all the rust out and welded new bits of steel in. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Lee Marshall

Car: 1978 KE30 2 door

Motor & Driveline:3k with 4spd box

Suspension & Brakes: stock

Wheels & Tyres: stock alloys

Interior: mmmm, brown cloth..... Full on granny spec.

Body: White(ish), hints of rust....

Other: Car is full on bog standard granny spec, surface rust to the scuttle panel and a bit on the roof but getting sorted very shortly. Looking to drop it, stick some alloys on and put a bigger engine in (13b or bike, not decided) when funds allow.

IMAG0786.jpg

IMAG0787.jpg

IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

Edited by Marshall