My White Ke 11

kickn5k

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, kickn5k said:

HKS gt25/30 is what I currently have, close enough to a garrett 28/71, that could change though.

Sweet. My mate had one on his RB20, great responsive turbo for that motor. Should be pretty serious on a 5k haha!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad
1 hour ago, Doogs said:

Interested to see how you find them Stu. I'm running the 5kg kit in my car and despite what everyone said, it's still a little soft. Depends what you're doing with the car really.

Yeah we'll have to see. Tommy runs same shock and spring rate, seems to work well with his 11, I think it's a suck it and see type of thing. I did also order 5's they should arrive today.

5 hours ago, Jono.C said:

Do you need a pair of ke1x strut casings Stu? I may have steering arms also if need be

I have that hsd kit for my sprinter in 6kg but I’ll probably be going a lot lower than you so I was worried about wheels hitting guards etc 

Thanks for the offer mate, I purchased a whole front end from the knobbler about 4yr ago. Got struts, steering arms and tie-rods(i had to shorten the old ones for the 20 arms)

I went 4's as I'm sick of it skipping the front through slightly rough corners. This should make the front more compliant over the bumps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/02/2018 at 5:31 PM, SloRolla said:

I've got some custom ones basically the same, however. I haven't got the brake line clamp thing on the strut, how well does it sit down that low? because my thread for the coils goes quite a way down

If you look at the earlier photos on this page(mainly the one on the green chair) you'll see it runs two coils with one being a feather weight one that sits in bind at ride height but extends with droop. Helps keep it all captive.

Oh and with those brake tabs I will need to cut them off the front and I'll re-weld it on the rear of the strut. It is just me being pedantic is all, the brake lines will need to be remade otherwise.

And the sway bar mount hits way earier now, only got about a turn and a half of lock at most.

Reports, reports, reports!!!

F&#$ing night and day! Bumpsteer is next to non-existent, it still tracks a bit with the semi's on but still much better than the ke20 junk. 

4kg is so close to right, were chosen after a corner weight check, by my F1 handling engineer mate. 

Needs more neg camber than -0deg 28min and a touch more caster but I may have latched on to a set of ke20 camber/caster plates and will try some stuff and report back.

Have my super swish copper mani gasket at the laser cutters to digitize and cut my turbo mani plate. I do have an mls gasket coming for approval for a 5k if it works I'll do a group buy for that(mine is coming with clearance for 7/16 head studs.) I really wanna smash that K record that bad it stops everyone else even trying!!

Edited by kickn5k
More info

• 1 year later...