My White Ke 11

kickn5k

Hey Darren, how are you mate? It's unfortunately slowly and i'm also considering a slightly different direction, well, maybe haha. Gotta have a plan B! 

Pretty sure it is a 12.99, well that's the quickest one I've seen, was/is a white ke30 pretty sure it's a Sydney car. But that was a long time ago though.

Ultimately I'd like around an 8.90 out of my car that's obviously not with a "K", well I should fess up, about 4 months ago I bought a CA stroker short block stupid cheap full of spool gear, so that technically could be plan B but I've also been researching the Honda stuff too. 

Edited by kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

Pretty cool

Honda motor with a turbo would be rad with big revs

Ca18.with the euro head. Make good power !

12.99 is easy

I'm building a 7k motor atm/gtx3071 in a. 48 housing on a j pipe with 48mmm gate ,dropped trans off monday

Full manual valve body trimatic getting done

Motor was dropped of a  few weeks ago to ..staying hydro cam,  but half grout filled /h beams/forgies etc

Ecu is wired up/fuel system done

Exhaust done/diff done(hilux)

Intercooler and piping all done

Should be different

Cheers

Darren

• 3 months later...

Well, the CA18/20 bottom end is sold.

Was offered a seriously good deal on a sorted engine that I put together for a mate a while ago which will make chasing an 8 a lot easier. I will be putting the 5k back together as a 11:1 motor, re-registering the car then changing it over. All I'm going to say until I have done the deal is it's got two cams and a touch more capacity. 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, KEI069 said:

At least there is progress mate 👍

You're not wrong. Won't be grabbing it till mid March, but I'm 80% sure the deal is done so. IT'S A 4agte! Setup made 360rwkw last time it was dyno'd. 

Engine specs are:

Semi-grout filled 7rib block.

Mrp billet crank.

Spool conrods. 

Sps 9.4:1 std bore custom pistons. 

Mrp 7/16 head studs.

312° Kent camshafts. 

Ported bigport head.

Garrett gtx30.

Microtech Ltx10(won't be staying long)

Got some W5x bits for it already as I'm not getting a gearbox for it, but seriously considering a built Ford C series 3 speed. Probably won't have it in and running till late this year but really all I need fuel system, radiator and intecooler(the old ones which I'm getting are from a ke70) and a clutch and I'm golden. 

7 hours ago, ke70dave said:

I assume there is a trade off to cooling ability when you do that?

Not sure, I asked him and he hadn't really noticed any increase. 

My tuner has it in his barra block and done drag challenge, it posed no heat issues for the week.

Only time will tell. 

2 hours ago, KEI069 said:

Holy shit, that will be a handful

31 minutes ago, untubbed_20 said:

can't imagine a ke10 with 360rwkw

Be so scary! 

Nah I'll be putting the 18psi spring in the gate to start with, made 240rwkw at that with a slightly smaller turbo. That's more than enough for a sub 800kg car.

Front suspension will get 6kg up from 4kg springs and some form of vented brake upgrade with a 4x114.3 conversion.  

Back will probably end up being shortened BW from a 31 skyline.

Edited by kickn5k

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Doogs said:

Damn keen to see this come together Stu, will be seriously quick!

What did you do with the old 5K driveline?

I've got the 5k In pieces atm, will be freshening it up, with a B/P head, tomei cromo pushrods etc. and offering it for sale with a k50 and new HD clutch soon. You interested?

20200316_182520.thumb.jpg.b29209dbdb670b94a5b95d50a00ae0af.jpg20200316_205751.thumb.jpg.0028a4b4745f5f363feffa976775742f.jpg

keen eyes will notice no oil filler cap, it was a dry sump engine and I'll be changing it back to a wet sump.