My White Ke 11

kickn5k

Members dont see this ad
Looks tops, go some cheap cromies on it or something i reckon.

Well now that you menton the wheels a mate of mine works at a tyre place and I'm going 15x5.5 on front and 15x6.5 to 7 on rear in a superlight i am in love with that wheel they look great on any old car.

Keep it the original white with a black bonnet and the white RX4 rims, some black bullet style guard mirrors and paint the boot panel behind the number plate black as well. Go for that Retro Race car look. Nearly forgot the Castrol Green windscreen band. Here's a pic of my Crown with the Castrol Green windscreen band.

post-834-1160454532_thumb.jpg

Keep it the original white with a black bonnet and the white RX4 rims, some black bullet style guard mirrors and paint the boot panel behind the number plate black as well. Go for that Retro Race car look. Nearly forgot the Castrol Green windscreen band. Here's a pic of my Crown with the Castrol Green windscreen band.

thats kinda the look ive been trying to get with my ke11

with the period style mods and I'm in the process of getting some cobra classic seats, have you got any pics of old racing ke10's gav??? i only have a couple of the AMI racing corollas from the 60's but can't find anymore

cheers james

Hell yes they do!!

Black, white, silver or grey?

not sure yet perfomance well brakes,much bigger cam and maybe 7k internals and d5 fuel injection which i have but the su`s sound to cool for me to part with but they will be when i do get them grey with polished outers.

An update on the car though never will i be stupid enough to buy an unfinnished project again, yes the car is roadworthy when and if i can get a wheel alignment now that sounds easy you say, but went and got some 175`s for the front hoping as well to fix guard clearance issue i have and tried to get it straight(toe) and when they told me that the adjustment was at max and it was still 25mm out and i have to shorten thread on tyrod end well dichted them and took it to the local(frankston) peders could not recomend them enough as helped me with rear leaf front eye bushes as they are not made anymore i have slightly moded cortina ones to fit. well here she is at 730 this morning waiting for peders to open.

post-2201-1160567025_thumb.jpg

post-2201-1160567064_thumb.jpg

thanks again have to go to webers4x48 leigh your a champion .

Edited by kickn5k

yeah i have that mag to, and i got a few of the ke15, ke10's and ke11's at bathurst from old race photos but i have been looking for some more, also got a few of the team AMI corollas at symmons and baskerville and i was looking for more of the AMI racing corollas

will post some in your new thread

cheers james

An update on the car though never will i be stupid enough to buy an unfinnished project again,

not wrong!!!! whent to register her today vicroads aholes want an engineers for the 5k as it is over the 10% they allow in capacity increase bs i recon so as i feel the stock 10.2 :1 comp which is stock for my 5k-j but i really feel that with 100 pump juice and the comp, cam and head arent angry enough for me to warrant $600ish for engineers just yet so 4k and matching 5 speed (i have) will get put in this weekend with the 5k lecky dizzy, extractors and su`s, and that will probably get me motivated to start on the stroker ive been wanting 4 a while.

• 3 weeks later...

engineers has been gotten $450 later just knocked back on noise 107db and my harnesses have no as tag, now 87db and normal seat belts have appointment at vicroads for round 2 on friday fingers crossed no dramas.

if anyone is going to cccv mornington peninsula run i will be there. hope to se you there.

oops forgot to log out and log in under my name instead of leighs but you get that!!

stu.

Edited by webers4x48

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Forgot to update, i got the rolla tuned before chrissy and the old near stock 5K made 48rwkw not bad considering it stops dead at 5700rpm the head is a stock non-ported 5K-J head.

More mods planned:

New white paint job. satin black bonet and rear panel.

KE-55 Brake conversion (with remote booster).

new crazy regrind cam (solid/hyd not sure).

Big race head port with as big as pos valves.

retune either su`s or fit my 7K injection.

Lightened fly wheel.

Rear leafs added and a sway bar in front.

Chasing and don`t laugh 65rwkw because the car is only 700kg it doesn`t need any more.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i sure hope this thing is putting out more than my 20 is currently...then again, it's not all that hard to beat 26.2rwkW :y:

but don't worry, that'll change soon.

can't wait to see it again in the flesh.

cheers dF

Edited by dfunkt
  • Like 1