Difference between revisions of "South Australia"

From Rollaclub
Jump to: navigation, search
(No difference)

Revision as of 10:45, 26 May 2008

Disclaimer - I wrote this based on research I did after seeing many confused posts in the forum. Certain things may have changed since then, but I will endeavour to keep this article accurate. This remains a guide, although I will try keep it updated. --Philbey 20:45, 26 May 2008 (EST)

Who to talk to

- Department of Transport Energy and Infrastructure


- DTEI Recognised Chartered Engineers



- DTEI Vehicle Modifications Guide. Good read.



SA isn't too black and white when it comes to engineering cars, but in some cases you might get lucky.

First up, call the DTEI and ask them about your particular conversion (Call the vehicle inspectors at regency, there is a number in one of the links). They have a list of approved engine modifications where vehicles "where no major mechanical changes are required". Assume that these a confined within car brands and are all bolt in conversions like a 3k-5k. If they say the change is ok, its just a case of changing the engine number.

Second, if you don't have an approved engine change, you need to lodge an application to modify the car. This will include all the upgrades being made to handle the extra power etc. From here, they will issue you with a Statement of Requirements, a list of items you must comply with in order to get the car registered. Keep in mind that one requirement may be that you need an engineering certificate.