Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tuning Various Cars With Wideband Afm

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I've been considering buying one of these for a while:

 

Innovate Motorsports LM-1

 

Plan is to wack an O2 bung in my exhaust(S), plug it in and take her for a run, dump a map of AF vs RPM, see what I get and tune accordingly. At the moment, the plan is to use it for Dellortos, and a K-Jetronic FI System.

 

I'm keen to do it for the sake of learning and perhaps saving money on tuneups etc! Plus, If I get any good, I can tune other cars as well!

 

Just wondering if anyone else has had tried their hand at this and what sort of fun they had? HAve they tried different units, what sort of setups have they tuned etc. Lend me your knowledge!!

 

Cheers,

 

Philbey.

I got the LM-1 minus the RPM input. Its really nice, but my ecu plugs dirctily into it, hence why i can get away without the RPM input.

  • Author

cool cool.

 

I was wondering what to do about the RPM. Seems like 80 USD is a bit steep for that added benefit. Plus, I was looking at the Innovate website, they have a bit of a guide on tuning using the readout and a passenger with a quick eye and a quicker pen haha.

 

US economy will probably be stuffed in a month or so when I buy, so I should get it cheap then!

its like $350us cost me $360aus posted...

 

 

The rpm input also alows like 3 other sensors too IIRC i think its worth it if your tunning with a wideband.

Edited by Jason

I have no experience, but I think you can hook these into megasquirts as well. Then the unit will pretty much tune itself.

 

Very cool! Either way, I think it's a good investment.

 

Another one of interest is the tech edge wide band unit. Can't remember the URL. Google should help.

  • Author

correct, the LC-1 wideband controller is the one most of the megasquirt dudes use.

 

The LM gives me a datalogger as well. I could just use a pen and pad and a passenger i suppose.....

 

The Techedge stuff I was considering before I found the innovate stuff. Now the exchange rate is better, I think I'll stick with the innovate as well.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.