Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 01/20/2019 in all areas

  1. 2 points
    Nearly there, battery is a bit down on charge so no start today. Finished that steering wheel too, looks mint. Repco stock this zinc stuff, so put some in the oil to help the cams bed in Beer That is all, maybe start tomorrow.
  2. 1 point
    Gotta be happy with that!!
  3. 1 point
    Excelling news mr Coln72. Thats a milestone!
  4. 1 point
    "Well, Just got a call from the missus"- That's the great part.. Not only is she coming home but she's recovered enough to make phone calls.. Took months before my youngest bro could, although he recovered 100% after a time. Good news!
  5. 1 point
    Well, Just got a call from the missus. SHE IS COMING HOME TOMORROW
  6. 1 point
    Same place as my desire not to be doing another rebuild anytime soon lol
  7. 1 point
    That’s looking pretty good!
  8. 1 point
    '. It doesn't get any better' You're right! I'm up here this week, I'd better take the photos I never remember to take!
  9. 1 point
    Update, I have steering horn button now
  10. 1 point
    I love this thread, rally car building, country life, bit of wrc action, builds, classic cars....... It doesn't get any better
  11. 1 point
    Indeed, after we got the timing right, and the carburetor good and clean, the car had quite a punch. Well, after the "testing" stage was done, and the car didn't fall apart during the shake down, It was time for me to start the voyage to my parents house 92 kilometers away. The day started early, checking everything from the night before first stop, was take one of the wheels that was leaking to the tire shop to get it fixed. another quick fix in place for the fuel cap, I had to break the actual fuel cap since I didn't had the key to open it, and after I broke it, I had to made a plug with the first thing that I had in hand. and we where ready to got!... well not quite, the car didn't wanted to start, so a quick jump and it was runing my view from my command center for the next hours and off we go! my look from another car, given that I didn't have any windshield I had to wear a lot of clothes due to the cold first stop, fill the tank (you can also see my friends lovely Civic EF) my friend in the civic was the backup/chase car (and the one in which we will return home) the car was working quite flawlessly through the trip, and we made a stop half way, to check the tires and everything else, all was good and while I checked the tire pressure found out that two of them had 51psi and another had 53psi! I lowered them to something more reasonable, and returned to the road... just to stop a few meters after with a non runing engine the issue turned out to be (again) the filter on the carburetor that got clogged and starved the carb. So I dismanteled the carb, cleaned the internal filter, and we continue with the trip just eating miles the second part of the trip was, without any other issue and we arrived to my parents house, where we parked the car and started to take it apart. and another video with all the trip, enjoy see you next update.
  12. 1 point
    Well, the missus ain't home yet but has been moved to Bendigo. Only 45 min down the road now....😀
  13. 1 point
    Clutch feel alright in the couple of trips in and out of the driveway, and a little drive up the street. I don't know why people winge so much about buttons. Initial tune will just be on gate pressure so nothing crazy. 9 days.... Not that I'm counting or anything lol
  14. 1 point
    Sucks that rehab wasnt closer than 2.5 hours away...... She is handling most of rehab well. Still nauseous and balance is an issue atm, but I'll take that over what it was like last month.
  15. 1 point
    I had only heard of height issues on 7k into ke70 but I could be wrong. Point being a 7k is a lot more findable at least in Australia as the 5k powered vehicles arent really on the road anymore but the 7k vans continued up past 2000 model year. I think a 2.7 litre RZ Hilux motor would be a good conversion if you couldnt find much else. Might be hard to find a tall enough diff, but they really do make great torque and theyre hard to kill. Would be annoying having a useless first gear but youd get used to it. Dont try and make a 4wd box into 2wd, its not worth it. 2azfe engines are everywhere, but judging from the questions your asking, making mounts, oil pickups and manifolds might go over your head at this stage in your modifying career. Also the required W5x box is getting hard to find. I remember when Terry tried to sell one here 5 years ago for 150 bucks, no takers. I just saw one up for $850! Makes it seem like me paying a grand to get a car with one spare was worth it.
  16. 1 point
    That's what makes me happy excellent news like this.
  17. 1 point
    That's awesome news Colin. All the best for a short stay..
  18. 1 point
    The missus finally out of Hospital and into rehab. One step closer......
  19. 1 point
    Need to bring it up here to see if we can skull drag a few reddies out of Cairn Curran ;)
  20. 1 point
  21. 1 point
    I like how you pounced on the 911 when he got into a moment of bother. Very nice aggressive driving.
  22. 1 point
  23. 1 point
    I guess the advantage is the 4age is pretty good right out thr box. An uber modified fast 4kc would sure be fun but not for everyone.
  24. 1 point
    today I wiped the car with a yellow microfiber cloth, it did take a fair bit off dust of it
  25. 1 point
    Update :) A small video I quickly put together showing the car and a bit of working being done. and some recent photos :)