Righto, fair bit of catching up to do in this blog!
Been a fair bit happening since last update.
The car has been moved to my dad's place, where we have much better tools and a more appropriate workspace. Despite the abundance of STUFF laying around the garage, we've managed to fit the car in. It's a good thing it's only a small car! -dad's also a carpenter, so you can imagine the amount of gear that's in the garage, haha.
Since the car has been moved;
Removal of remaining ch
Got the sprinter taken away to be panelbeated just this Wednesday.
Getting the driver side door actually repaired instead of replaced!
Much happier with that, rather than chucking a new one on. Keeps a slight bit more originality. (Not that I'm going for that with this build :P)
So, for the door, the front two guards, and the stonetray, is all sitting at $1500. We'll also be getting a quote on getting the rest of the exterior straightened out, and in primer. So if all goes well and I ge
Got started working on the KE on the Saturday just been. Took out the struts and LCA's all well and good. Put in the xt130 LCA and adjust the caster arm to match. Problem is I couldn't undo the tie rod end. So work stopped.
My mechanic helped me and showed me a trick to release the end and it worked!
So Monday after work I fitted the other LCA and all was good until I put the struts in. Never new there was a 5mm difference in the strut tops between the 82 model and the 84.
So now I have
Finally I have gained some motivation and time to start my build!
I will have pictures coming soon. This blog is mainly so I have a record of what my car has been thru with me haha
Cheers and welcome to my build.
a couple weeks ago we got me sprinter on a traya and we took it out to brighton, (my mum's house) so me and y step dad can start work.
I can't UPLOAD PICTURES FOR SOME REASON!!!
. i guess so... ha ha
Far out... Oh well, hopefully it will work another time....
What I've done so far:
Took out the radio in it. After much struggling...
took out the rear upholstery, and seats. Fitted a new radio, again wth many struggling...
and the chrome trim i
:wtf:Well, upon closer inspection of my motor...
after thinking for a whole year it was original,
it turns out the motor in my sprinter is actually a 4K and so is the spare one.
the spare car (my dad's) has a 3K I it.
So, that explains my dodgy extractors.
Whoever has done this probably knew what they were doing, because it all looks (and mine drives)pretty good.
funny though, my master key fits dad's boot nd fuel cap...
so my theory is that a bloke has had both
Here's a basic build thread of my T18 Corolla. Pretty basic build to start with, really it's just something to occupy my time.
Started out as a paddock basher and had been attacked by the blokes grand kids with about 6 coats of rattle can race paint.
I picked her up for $300 with no vision as to where i wanted her to end up. Still don't know now haha.
I'll let the photos do most of the talking, with brief descriptions to go along.
Hope you enjoy the thread!
something horrible just happened today...
Was turning my car backwards and uphill to get her facing downhill so petrol could run to the motor, when BAM! my driver's side door starts bending backwards on the star picket stuck in the ground around a tree. after I stopped bawling, had a loook at the damage and it MAY be able to be fixed. hoorray for making stupid mistakes! More money i'll have to start spending on her soon.
Door on my parts car is rusty, but usable. Dad assures me shit happ
Time 4 an update!
Took off the stupid (not working) spotlights,
pumped up the tyres to prevent driveway disaster,
Fitted an overly large ariel,
polished all the chrome,
Got an over expensive car cover
and (finally) got some more fuel!
but exhaust is still buggered (hangs low)
*snuck her onto the road briefly*
only on the road for a roll start by the way ;)
Got some more cash recently too, sooooooo
soon will be getting a few more things!!
got to take it for a drive and she runs sweet :)
spare engine on the stand and time to build a racey k motor .... i could put a big motor in it but i think I'm just going to go with a k series motor to keep the car in the theme of an ol school jappa..
did a few hours yesterday and got most of the glass work locks and new rubbers in ....
i pulled the rear leaf springs and had them reset and a extra leaf added to stiffen the rear a bit
i will take some photos over the next week
Ok in the up coming months i will be starting my next crazzy engine experiment useing a 4k-c with a twist, designated LPG and boost.
FOR THE RECORD...
I have done this befor on other small and large engines.
all manurfacturing of BOTH intake and exhaust manifolds are custom in house.
Turbo is not chosen yet.
Balanced and compression in low 8S.
mild cam and head work (not looking for 8000rpm) and hardened valve seats.
Designated lpg lets you move around more freely with emi
Hey guys I've got money issues and I'm longer able to afford to keep up my coronas needs, complete ground up resto 12 months ago just finished spent well over 20k on her, bare metal respray, 5 speed supra box conversion with hardened geared box, an 8rb engine putting out 108hp at the rear wheels, motor done 4000kms (just ran in) twin delorto webbers for an amazing Subaru like sound, lumpy cam, great note from the exhaust.
Interior, late model lancer seats and re trimmed dash, old celica wheel a